1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

new to SORC and Grants Pass!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dppfi, May 29, 2012.

1. dppfi

dppfi Registered

hello and greetings,

so just to start things off i'm going to tell you a little about myself. My name is Damian, me and my girlfriend Jenn recently moved here from Idaho. (last Saturday) I'm very excited to be here and get to know the community and surrounding areas. I'm also glad to hear that there is a RC community as well. I've had an interest in this hobby since i was young. I have only recently bought an actual race-level competition vehicle about 5 months ago. i started off with a 2wd slash bashing but soon after IMO upgraded to an SC10 2wd for my old local carpet track. i only raced there a hand full of times there and really enjoyed it. although i did have my speed controller junk out on me and have to send it in for a replacement. i should be getting it back in a week or so.

i talked to "richardmtw" over at mild to wild hobbies and he was very informative about the hobby in this area. he told me about some of the local spots that people go and run at. but being new to the area i wasnt too sure where he was talking about. haha. i was thinking i might stop by there and check out the shop here in the next few days.

i do look forward to checking out the E st. spot soon. i was also wondering if there were any other spots that are fun to go to?
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Welcome to the forum and Grants Pass Damian!  I'm more of a plane/helicopter/quad guy, but there are lots of car guys on here.  Where the guys are running are announced on here every week so keep an eye out.  I think maps are included in those postings to. 

...Tiger
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Damian! The hot spot is the B Street Jumps. People usually get together every other Saturday. Look at the Calendar for dates and check the "Racing and Bashing" and "Off Road" threads for who's in. You can find a Google Map in this thread http://southernoregonrc.com/index.php?topic=1259.0. Enjoy :)
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Hi, new guy [​IMG] and your welcome to come by my place to do some racing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=1.2em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums Damian.  I think RichardMTW was talking about the "B" Street jumps.  On many weekends when the weather allows you will probably run into a couple folks running their trucks over there.

Do you have any on-road cars?

If you have a smartphone you can use the WAP2 version of the website to help you use the map links for your phones navigation.  The WAP2 link is at the very bottom of the page.
  6. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Welcome aboard!  This site has almost every version of rc enthusiast there is even though it is not the largest.  There are a few tracks around here and the bashing spot is B street for sure.  If your into club racing check out the Event thread for the OSS (Oregon State Series) that is going on now.  We have just finished our first race and one race is a throw out so you can still come into the game and play! plus we don't mind guys coming out on practice days just to run there rigs.  Hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions please ask away!
  7. dppfi

dppfi Registered

my bad i meant to say B street. haha. i think that i might take a little drive around today and stop by there to see whats up. thanks for all the info.

i appreciate the offer and i might have to take you up on that when i get back up and running.

[quote author=GPS link=topic=1312.msg9054#msg9054 date=1338388272]
    Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums Damian.  I think RichardMTW was talking about the "B" Street jumps.  On many weekends when the weather allows you will probably run into a couple folks running their trucks over there.

Do you have any on-road cars?
    [/quote]

i used to go down to the carpet track Mondays and Thursdays to Marshall for the on-road guys if i was bored. i'd like to eventually like to get into them but i'm not sure what kind of platform to look for. and just recently moving i'm pretty strapped for cash for a little while.
  8. w00d

w00d Registered

i appreciate the offer and i might have to take you up on that when i get back up and running[/quote]

LOL, ya might need some gas money, allot ... Was having some fun with ya as I probably live the farthest away from anyone there in Oregon, my MAP

Although if ya DID come by we'll make it a PARTY for sure

[hr]
  9. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

i appreciate the offer and i might have to take you up on that when i get back up and running[/quote]

LOL, ya might need some gas money, allot ... Was having some fun with ya as I probably live the farthest away from anyone there in Oregon, my MAP

[hr]

[/quote]

Wood, WTF! are you doing here then???? lol  Isn't there a Canadian message bored you can terrorize??
    http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/canadians-are-ehholes/  ;)
  10. dppfi

dppfi Registered

[hr]
    [/quote]

hahahahaha. thats pretty far to drive. but i've always wanted to go to canada.
  11. w00d

w00d Registered

I [size=1.25em]Go[/size] where my friends are ...

Myself, [size=1.25em]Y[/size]oda (GPS) and [size=1.25em]B[/size]ill (GPBill) come from another forum ... There was two others but they chose not to come for teh ride!
    ... which was a Rc Helicopter forum I don't need to name. Thus give away FREE advertising but shouldn't be too hard to find given the right input ...

[size=1.25em]BUT[/size] I'm [size=1.25em]NOT[/size] Canadian [size=1.25em]eh[/size], I only live there [size=1.25em]eh[/size] {LMAO} ...
    ... Anywaz ... for all intense and purpose I should now say I live in Oregon, well virtually if not in actuality [size=1.25em]eh[/size]

EDIT: My Introduction, my FIRST post which also touches on my reasons for being here

[hr]
  12. GPS

GPS Registered

Cowabunga!  :)
  13. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Come drift!!!!!