1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by w00d, Sep 25, 2011.

1. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    [size=1.25em]My Name is w00d[/size]
    ... The handle or user name I use is w00d AKA: pwoodyp. Pete being my name out in the real world and this being my first post I'd like to make it my introduction to the forums

I'm mostly into Rc Helicopters although most of my Rc Toys are indeed helicopters I do have a CAR which is my HPI BAJA 5B ss. Yup I only have the one CAR but that's more than an handful given how large it is, at close to 32 (L) x 19 (W) inches the Baja is certainly is BIG and HEAVY. When talking Rc Cars I consider myself a noob and the car is technically NOT finished as the beast needs a final setup and tune before we run for the first time, still a work in progress!

But my passion is Rc helicopters and being where I'm most invested so it's a given teh Helicopter Forum where I will posting most of the time. I've been doing heli's for pretty near four years now and that's where I will have the most to contribute

Before I show y'all my pics I just want to say I was invited to join the forum by YodaJones (I'm assuming that's the user name he's going with but I'm sure I'll be corrected if that's incorrect) and the invite went like "We (at Southern Oregon Rc) need more Helicopter guys" ... Well I certainly do resemble that remark, I am an helicopter guy so with that I'll say I hope I can HELP w/ helicopter related questions and possibly I can help in the wider area of interests also

HI everyone and thank you Yoda for the invite, glad to be here ...

[hr]

As ya can (will) see I also do love posting pictures ...
    ... For anyone interested here is ALL of em ---> http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/zz158/pwoodyp/

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The FLEET[/size]
    ... The ALIGN T-Rex 450 and T-Rex 100 are NOT shown in this photo ... I will show those later

[​IMG]

This FLEET photo was added June 2/2012 which is the modified (w/ PaintShop Pro X4) version of the above picture

[​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]Moving from LEFT to RIGHT in the above photo[/size]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The MSHeli PRÔTOS 500[/size]
    ... NOT yet finished in these photo's although I did finish her but I only have these photo's show for it. This is also the largest helicopter I own ...

[​IMG]  [​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The MSHeli mini PRÔTOS (450)[/size]
    ... which is a smaller version of the above PRÔTOS 500

[​IMG]  [​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The Bell UH-1 Iroquois, Huey[/size]
    ... A Work-In-Progress and my first and so far my only venture into 'Scale' building 

[​IMG]  [​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The GAUI ep255[/size]
    ... This bird was bought quite a few months back but only was finally finished last week. An excellent stable flyer thus I'm VERY
    pleased with the way this helicopter performs

[​IMG]

[size=1.25em]Video: ep255[/size]

[youtube]01kWAiuL500[/youtube]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The GAUI ep200
    [/size]... Which seems to be the helicopter flown the most but only because I can fly her one almost anywhere, especially indoors  ;)
    and don't let them FOOL ya the smaller heli's are NOT all that hard to FLY! The larger helicopter are easier to FLY but that's NOT
    to imply the small ones are difficult

[​IMG]  [​IMG] 

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The Two GAUI's[/size]
    ... For side-by-side comparison those being teh GAUI ep255 and it's smaller brother the ep200

[​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]E-flite BLADE mSR[/size]
    ... Last of the helicopters shown in the FLEET photo

[​IMG]

Added June 2/2012 which is the same as above but the background has obviously been changed (w/ PaintShop Pro X4) to teh blue gradient
          [​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The following two helicopters are the heli's NOT shown in the FLEET photo[/size]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The ALIGN TRex 100[/size]

[​IMG]

Added June 2/2012 which is the same as above but the background has obviously been changed (w/ PaintShop Pro X4) to the blue gradient

[​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.25em]The ALIGN TRex 450[/size]
    ... This was my very FIRST helicopter and the one that seems to get the most LUV just because SHE was my first venture into Rc Helicopters. This bird is technically the ALIGN T-Rex 450sa but I've dropped the "sa" designator. This helicopter was modified that much I can no longer call it the 450sa. Also might not be able to call it an ALIGN these days because NOT much is left that was actually made by ALIGN

[​IMG]

This photograph was added June 2/2012 and was created using the above picture ...
    ... was made into 1440 x 900 Wallpaper using PaintShop Pro X4 which I use (sometimes) on one of my 19" Monitors

[​IMG]

[size=1.25em]VIDEO: TRex 450[/size]
    ... Maiden Flight after it's third rebuild

[youtube]LcZvlU3Icio[/youtube]

[hr]

We're DONE, thanks for Looking
        [size=1.2em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]

[hr]
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Hi w00d!  Thank you for joining us.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of youe helicopter projects.  Maybe you will inspire me to get my Vibe 500e finished!

GPS
    (Yoda)
  3. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Hey there GPS Yoda howz-it going

Might have a surprise , you may remember I've thinking of dropping the cash on the GAUI 330X-S QUAD ...

[​IMG]

... Been thinking about this for the longest time but now I'm getting an itchy trigger finger

[​IMG] GPS, how about a picture of your vibe to refresh my memory

w00d
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Hi w00d - Very cool and congratulations.  I am looking forward to seeing you build your Gaui.  There is another gentleman on here "Tiger" who I bet will be interested is hearing about it also.  Tiger made a scratch built quad.  I hope you can make us a build thread when you start.  We have a multirotor forum for quad and more blade machines.

I will open a thread for my Vibe 500e this morning in the helicopter section.