1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello fellow Oregonians!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nitrosteve, Feb 22, 2013.

1. nitrosteve

nitrosteve Registered

Hi all! Name is Steven and I love RC's,been in this hobby since the late 90's and nephews are now getting old enough to enjoy this wonderful hobby with me. Also would love to find some fellow local bashers to!

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Welcome to the forum Steven.  You should be able to find lots of guys to hang out with here.

...Tiger
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the forums nitrosteve.  Where are you located?
  4. nitrosteve

nitrosteve Registered

Klamath falls. I see we have a track out around Warden,is it club only? I notice SC has become popular,how about MT's?1/10th & 1/8th buggies?
  5. Nexus

Nexus Registered

It is not club-only. There are quite a few of us on here that are non-members from the Medford area that travel over to Klamath Falls/Warden to race out there, myself included. You just have to pay a little more entry fee ($8 instead of $5 I think) and rent a transponder (another $2, I think).

Short course is extremely popular right now. 2WD Stadium Truck (my favorite) is gaining more popularity and there's always enough for a full class of them. Once in awhile you'll see an 1/8 E-buggy and they'll throw 'em in with the 4WD class, but in general people don't bring MT or 1/8-scale stuff.
  6. nitrosteve

nitrosteve Registered

Thanks Nexus,Is it an electric only/prefered? (just guessing from a lot of pics I've seen) I have a 1/10th nitro 4x4 buggy that I converted to a Short course a while back... Would that be cool? Have been looking for a 2wd Stadium truck (RC10GT) so maybe that'll work. Last time I raced on a track was when we had Al's toy store (umpteen years ago) so I'm really looking forward to doing some racing again if it all works out!

Thanks all,happy rc'in!  8)
  7. Nexus

Nexus Registered

It isn't electric-only, but that's pretty much all that people show up with is electric stuff. I've taken my nitro stadium truck (XXX-NT2) out a few times before races to practice. I wish the nitro stadium class would make a comeback.  :(

The guys that run the track are pretty laid-back so they probably wouldn't complain much if you wanted to race and all you had was a nitro car. Truth be told, if you have a nitro rig and you're racing with all the electric guys you would be the one at the disadvantage.  ::)

You should also check out this thread for information about a new indoor, off-road track in Grants Pass.