1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

yay!!! my new buggy!

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by chaseloc101, Oct 28, 2013.

1. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

20131028_174407.jpeg Yes!! Its here. My new kyosho rb5 wc. You guys ready to get smoked lol. Hopefully I have time to take it to the track and feel her out tomarrow!! Next is a kyosho 1/8 nitro buggy. Maybe:rolleyes:
    GPS likes this.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Congratulations on the new buggy. It looks like you got a setup stand and a bunch of parts too. What motor and ESC are you going to run in it?
  3. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Had the stand since I started out with the drifting. Prob gonna run a hobbywing when adam gets em in for now I just put in thw mmp with a 3800kv fuse motor. Not the best. But it sure was zipping around the track pretty quick
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

When you guys race those 2WD buggies are you limited in motor or ESC size or capacity in any way?
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Not yet! Theres not enough to make separate classes. Doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I run mod but still get smoked by guys running stock. Only by the good drivers... lol
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

What counts as "Mod" and what counts as stock?
  7. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

17.5t would be stock. And anything lower turn than that would be mod I guess. But the track we have makes it nice to run both in the same race. Just cuz someone is killing it down the straight with an 8.5t doesn't mean he can keep up in corners compared to 17.5.
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

What was it that attracted you to this Kyosho over models like Team Associated or Losi?
  9. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Im not really sure. After having issue after issue with my sc10 I drove a buddy's ultima and was hooked with the feel right away. So when choosing a buggy it only made sense to go with the rb5, because I already have the ultima sc, and the two are so similar. I originally wanted the rb6. But I saw that listing of the rb5. Not only was it a beautiful car, he had a box of spare parts that all pretty much will fit the SC. So I should be all set on the track. Im not a hater though. I love associated and others. I almost got the durango buggy kit. Other than that I wanted to drive somthing different than everyone else. Most of the guys in 2wd sc drive associated. Unless bash shows up to race with his dad im the only kyosho sc out there. As for buggy I would be the 3rd. Two others run rb6s then now my rb5. I just feel kyosho makes super good quality I know im still a bit new. But with the sc10 it was one problem after the other, including my driving. With the two kyoshos I only seem to improve every time. cant wait till sunday!!!
    GPS likes this.
  10. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

One time my dad and i were at pbr and some guy had a kyosho buggy and he was hooking up pretty good. I didnt catch his name tho.
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

I didn't know you were no longer driving a Team Associated SC10. When did you change that one?
  12. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Its been a couple months now. I still have the sc10. I let my son or a buddy use it. Every time I let a friend run it at the track with me. They get hooked and go get their own. It's my own littl "try me" truck.! Lol..
    Thats was probably mikey. He's quick with that rb6.
  13. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

It looked like a stock body and he was running a 9.5t i think.
  14. GPS

GPS Registered

You should post some photos of your Kyosho SC and the insides of your new buggy so we can check them out.
  15. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

And give all my slow secrets away. Lol!!:D
  16. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

A little dusty after yesterday. Clean up is tonight lol:rolleyes: 20131104_222901.jpeg 20131104_222628.jpeg 20131104_222557.jpeg
  17. GPS

GPS Registered

Very cool. Those are both Kyosho? I see they have the steering servo center mounted on both the SC and buggy, that's nice. It looks like the buggy has larger diameter shocks than the SC, is that right? I thought SC trucks were heavier than buggies. Do you have the battery rear biased on the SC and weight added to the front bumper support?
  18. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Yeah the buggy came with the velvet big bore shocks. When I have the cash I'll do the same to the Sc. the battery is towards the rear on the Sc and weighted to try and keep me level when hitting the feature. Which I think I pull off pretty well. It feels really smooth and straight. Im content with its current set up. Though there will always be a list of what I need for both. They are never ending. At least untill I catch up to austin!! Lol
  19. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

chase, you can run a 30 sec lap. you've allready caught up. just do it consistently and you'll be beatin me. sometimes i'm fast, but usually i'm inconsistent too. see ya tomorrow night!
  20. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Most definitely! !