1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's doing what this weekend?

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by sinistercad, Dec 31, 2011.

1. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

That's what I'm told.

I just wanna get some track tome in.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

The Rattlesnake Raceway website shows racing this weekend, and that's what Bartjuice told me also at B Street this past weekend.  He told me he is saving his new Losi to break it in on their track.
  3. means2k

means2k Registered

Yes, there is racing on Saturday.  This weekend is the off road course.  They switch between the dirt oval racing and off road every other weekend.
  4. GPNate

GPNate Registered

means2k and I hit up Rattlesnake on Sat.  It was an absolute blast!  Everyone there was very welcoming and helpful to us racing newbs.  My lap times were getting better rather quickly.  ;D  I came to the conclusion that most of my rigs aren't a good fit for the classes they were racing.  4x4 short course was big...Nitro buggy was big.  Nitro truggy was very impressive.  They also had a few running electric buggies which is where I'm leaning (for the moment that is).  ROAR is the only way to go.  insurance is covered and you can run on the track anytime.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

What were you running at Rattlesnake?  What did Means2k run?  What were the "locals" running car make and model and tire wise?
  6. GPNate

GPNate Registered

I ran the E-Revo and Ten T.  Means2k ran an Ofna Hyper7, and SC8e.  In the 1/8th scale nitro buggy class and 1/8th scale truggy class just about every brand had a presence.  In the Short Course 4x4, there were several Slash's but once again, just about all of the major brands were on the track.  As for tires, all pins on dish.

The leader in the truggy class ran a kyosho inferno.  It was amazing to watch it go around.  He was followed by a couple RC8T's and maybe a mugen and a couple of LOSI 8T 2.0's.  Same for the buggy class.  They were all very fast and put down impressive lap times but for me the kyosho's stuck out the most.
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

What was it about the Kyosho that stood out for you?  I never cared for Kyosho stuff.  Somebody needs to introduce them to hex head hardware.
  8. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

Going down to redding to race @ rattlesnake.  Gonna debut my new sc10 4x4, and race the trusty ol 2wd sc10.  Should be interesting as bartljuice is gonna debut his losi 4wd sc. Weather permitting.  We leave Fri night, as race is early sat.
  9. means2k

means2k Registered

I'd say the thing that stood out the most about the Kyosho's were probably the people setting them up and driving them, very experienced.  The 1/8 buggy and truggy classes rule the roost at Rattlesnake.  The 1/8 electric buggy class was pretty cool as well and I'm in the process of building one.  I'll post when I start the build.
  10. means2k

means2k Registered

We went down to Rattlesnake again this past weekend and it was a total blast.  Everyone has been really cool and they have a great track!  I've been learning a lot from the guys out there and I definitely am excited about competing and learning how to set things up.  There were 16 entries in 4x4 short course so that definitely is an exciting and competitive class, looking to start a build soon.  I've narrowed it down to the Losi ten scte and the jammin scrt10.
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

I hope you get a Jammin SCRT10 so I can try to run against it with my OFNA Hyper 10SC.
  12. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

dont forget team associated.  My truck was setup horribly for racing.  once i dial it in, i will be competitive.  just need to have a better race setup as far as shock oils, diff oils, weight.  Yes the losi is easier to work on. but at nearly double the rolling cost.  not to mention that most smaller tracks will better suit the sc10 4x4 as opposed to the losi.  if all you ever want to race on is 1/8th tracks than losi is hands down the choice i would make, or durango if money is no issue
    i had an amazing time down in redding, kinda stupid to show up and do testing at a race, but i wanted the season to start and was not patient.  getting more track time and actual  setup time will also be helpful.  big changes for my truck immediately will be , to not run stock shock, or diff oil.  change the gearing.  as i look back the only thing i did right, was have fun.  thanks to adam, nate, richard for all the help.  had a blast can't wait to do it again.  i was beat in 2wd by adam by .09 seconds now thats racing
  13. means2k

means2k Registered

Yeah, we had a great time.  I'm excited to see how the sc10 4x4 does after you get it dialed.  I like the design of the truck and I'm an Associated fan as well.  I am still considering the sc10 4x4 factory team.  I'm definitely looking forward to do some more racing.  I'm still in the process of putting some race vehicles together so I can make a better showing myself.  Until then, I'll keep taking these opportunities to make improvements on my driving. 
  14. means2k

means2k Registered

As far as the difference between the Hyper and the Jammin goes, it seems like the Ofna is a little more stout and probably better in the air but the Jammin is lower and has a better C.G.  I really like the layout for electronics on the Jammin.  If I go that route, I will probably look for a big bore shock setup and aluminum shock towers for it and possibly upgrade to the pivot ball suspension from the nexx 10sc.  My main concern of the SC10 4x4 is breakage and repair times.  It's not such a big deal if it were a basher but at the track it seems like it could be an issue.  What are your thoughts?
  15. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

The jammin I think is a bit more stout than the 10sc,the only thing I ever broke on my jammin was the stock front arms which someone made some beefy after markets and theyre tough.

Also if you raced klamath last year you will know the sc10 4x4 are strong,I pushed mine way into its limits,over clearing the 6 pack and jumping the first burm across the highway lol.

I can't wait til I can get another sc10 4x4.

Out of the jammin scrt10,slash 4x4,losi scte,hyper10 sc,sc10 4x4 the Associated is the only one I'll buy/build again.

It's really responsive in turns and can be tuned every which way from tuesday to better suite a drivers needs.

Also check out the sc10 4x4 part at rcshortcourse.com it has all the set up tips you could need,same goes for any other sc on the market.
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

I'd like to see someone bring a Associated SC10 4x4 to B street to see in action.
  17. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

yeah i seen the huge air you got off the berm jump in kfalls.  Im not worried at all about durability, especially after seeing the 3 sc104x4 @ klamath.  however that is as nice and plush dirt 1/10 scale track as i've seen.  other tracks are very very hard packed, rutted, about 4 times larger than k-falls track.  i know i can be nimble on k-falls track, but on these big 1/8 scale tracks, i'll need to do everything i can to plant the truck on the ground.  now the tuning aspect is more important to me than ever.  ;D