1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

When to use 1.9 and 2.2 crawler tires and wheels

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by GPS, Mar 25, 2013.

1. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

i dunno. looks like just a scx10. yeah i saw that i was like that dont look too bad.
  2. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/6776

looks like its a scx10 dingo chassis.
  3. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

yeah. you build a roller pretty much.
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

That's a great built thread, thank you HeadHoncho.
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I reveiwed youtube videos on all the trucks before I bought mine. I noticed the tamiya was top hevey and doesn't turn very well. And I saw the best performance in the honcho. So I bought it. I also dropped it with 90mm shocks with droop set. And also added 200g to each wheel. Now my baby has claw. And only tips over by driver error. Plus there alot of bodies to choose from. Proline has some great ones in the monster truck selection. 12.3 weelbase . I love my scx10 but would be nice to have the trail finder 2.
  6. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

well guys u can get the unimog in the cr-01 platform also i got my wife the jeep looking on on the cr-01 platform but i had to get rid of the can-a-lever setup due to it having to much body roll and being to top heavy but i did still use the shocks that it came with and now it climbs really well and does very well out at stringer on the trails http://southernoregonrc.com/index.php?topic=2934.0 its the marron and black jeep with the proline stick on the front windshield! if u want some pics of the chassis let me know and i will post some for ya gps! also the dingo kit is the cheapest if u alrdy have the electronics and is a fairly easy build and it does pretty well out crawling!
  7. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

But if your looking for a scaler and want a rtr then for 50 bucks more i would looking in http://store.rc4wd.com/110-RC4WD-Trail-Stomper-Truck-RTR_p_1512.html real leaf springs and all!!
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

I went and got the Tamiya manual for that CR01 and didn't really care for the kit.  Quite frankly I've never been very impressed with any Tamiya RC models, but that's just my personal taste I guess.

[quote author=knightrider81 link=topic=2939.msg16685#msg16685 date=1364325832]
    But if your looking for a scaler and want a rtr then for 50 bucks more i would looking in http://store.rc4wd.com/110-RC4WD-Trail-Stomper-Truck-RTR_p_1512.html real leaf springs and all!!
    [/quote]

I would like a scale looking truck but I would sacrifice some of the scale-ness for function and tune-ability so a leaf spring setup is not on my radar.

I am digging the Axial Dingo or Honcho for box-stock looks that appeal to me, but what I am digging even more is the link to the Mercedes Unimog that HeadHoncho posted (http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/6776).  I wish the builder would have posted some more detailed photos of the building process.  For example it looks like the battery is hidden quite well but I don't see exactly how he did it.  I think he made a side cover which is why I don't see it in the side view photos.

The builder also said he shortened the rear wheelbase 0.250 inch.  I suppose this was due to the body he was using?
  9. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

i think he shortened it because of th e cab and how big his bed was. but im not sure. im sure it wouldnt have made that big of a difference tho. but depending on if you have electronics laying around that you would use for a scaler id get the dingo kit. its much cheaper for all around the same truck. the kits also come with aluminum lower and steering links. so thats a plus.
  10. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

well its whatever you prefer i was just saying that the rc4wd stomper looked really scale and that i wouldnt mind owning one! I do see where your coming from on that pic that is a nice and very scale looking rig! if you end up doing the dingo kit let me know i would be interested in buying the body and fender flares! But if you get ur scale you should some play with us on sundays at stringer gap it would be great to see more people out there! who knows if we can get enough people we might be able to do like a scale truck challange! that would be cool!!
  11. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

a scale truck challenge would be sweet. i might end up filiming because my wraith isnt really a scale truck. but ive seen wraiths run. but yeah that would be sick.
  12. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

well we have the place its just getting everyone out there and having every team have at least one person with a winch!
  13. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

yeah i have one. but no functional. lol.
  14. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Don't let anyone doubt the scale factor of the wraith. In reality it's more scale than 90% of what I see on the trails. It has a full interior for one thing which almost no one else has. On top of that it is a pretty darn close representation of Hallenbacks real buggy. If someone tells you it isn't scale just laugh at their ignorance and move on.  ;)
  15. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

yeah i know im diggin the interior. its a little big for the trail but its a beast it conquers anything.