1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

whats new?

Discussion in 'Drift Cars' started by driftinTC4, Jan 31, 2014.

1. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

We've been setting up a track on the weekends on a concrete driveway. No actual sanctioned tracks here in medford
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

How many RC Drift car fans do you guys have over there in your group?
  3. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

There are 7 of us, 4 of us are a little more serious though
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Sounds like a pretty good sized group. Are any of the others in your group on here? Any photos of their cars we can see?
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Im gonna have to dust off my drifter. Still missing a part. Super hard to find for the proD.
  6. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

I haven't got any of the others on here yet. I'll get some photos this weekend as long as there's dry ground
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

Cool. Are their cars as detailed as yours?
  8. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

1 or 2 of them are pretty close in detail. I've spent a lot of time on my bodies and always have more I want to do.

Were starting a small club, just for fun, "Buku Drift" is the name. I'm going to add Buku into my screen name and i will have the others do the same when I get them on SORC
  9. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

Can't find a way to edit my screen name so I added a status
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

You can't change your screen name after registration. Probably the best place for your group's name would be in your signature.
  11. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

How long have you been drifting? I've been drifting since 08 but was the only one around here tilll 2010 were I had two buddies. But was mainly 2 of us drifted ever day that summer. He moved and drifting slowed down. And I started getting involved with racing since no on was into drift. now im dedicated to win. But I still have much love for getting sideways. Its cool to here you have a decent size group. Check out rcdriftrevolution.com its world wide forum for drifters. Cool track ideas and a body of the month list. Must see.. hopefully I can find time to come to meddy and meet up with u guys some time..
  12. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

Two of the others and myself started around the same time, 2008. After running nitro on-road for a long time I sold MT NTC3 and got the TC4 I'm still running
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

We also have a TC4. It was our first 1:10 scale touring car. It's been through several different motor and ESC combinations and has a Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC and Castle Creations 4600 kv 4T brushless motor in it now. It's been a very reliable car.

Attached Files:

chaseloc101 likes this.
  14. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

Awesome, I really like the tc4 but I've only got to drive a few other on road chassis.
  15. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

Here's mine, I'm running a Mamba Max 7700kv...its a little much, but I love it!

Attached Files:

chaseloc101 and GPS like this.
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

I've got a XRay T3 that handles amazingly. You can see my signature link for some photos. It's really a racing touring car but it is so balanced it handles very impressively. We had a TC5 which was also really nice and I still have a factory team TC6 brand new in the box waiting to be built someday.

The belt drive cars like the TC5, TC6 and XRay T3 seem to be more neutral in left and right hand drifts but I am not sure they are as robust as the shaft drive in the TC4 and I don't have as many pure hours of run time on the belt drive cars as we have on the TC4.

I know several other guys like the lower cost entry drift cars but in my opinion the TC4 is a lot of value because it is a proven design and spare parts are easy to find and inexpensive if you stay stock, but you can also find a ton of aftermarket parts and hop-ups for it.

I see you are velcro to hold your body on and I was thinking about that too. How well does it hold the body on? Can you still go fast and not have the body blow off?

I also noticed that you have some grooves on your drive shaft like we do. Do you think this is caused by small stones getting in there? That's what I think causes it but I've never found a stone in there on ours.
  17. driftinTC4

driftinTC4 Registered

Pretty sure thats caused from small rocks. I have found 1 little rock in the small grooves under the driveshaft in the past. The Velcro works good for drifting but I think it may pull off at high speeds. They make magnetic ones too...search "stealth body mount" on ebay. I want to change to magnetic for a more solid mount.
  18. RCNewGuy

RCNewGuy Registered

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Buku drifter # 2
    GPS likes this.
  19. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Rc guy good looking body. just wish u didnt pop hole for those body mounts.
  20. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

As a tip guys I used magnets once. Strong ones they dont stay on very well I found industrial velcro at home depot and will continue to use it on all future bodies. Also there might be som pics in my honcho build thread, but I found how to make hidden body mounts without paying for one. I just used extra lexan from trimming the body and screw one rectangle peice in to the trimmed body mounts. Place some velcro. I use it on my scaler to and holds after a good tumble down dead mans canyon... ( my backyard)
    GPS likes this.