1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Well guys its official

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by Bartljuice, Feb 11, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

I've never participated in a "official race" so I have a question since you guys are talking about transponders.  If I sign up for a race, like this one, and there is a $30 entry fee I presume the fee includes the use of a transponder.
  2. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

wow that was a bunch of info but good info! Its always nice to hear how things have worked for someone else that has gone through them! Im sure adam will pick the right one that works the best!!
  3. Bartljuice

Bartljuice Registered

generally the entry fee dose not include the transponder.  some tracks have whats called house transponders witch mount to the body and have there own power source but these systems are no longer produced and are hard to get a hold of.  I do plan to use amb because it is industry standard and evey track iv been to uses it with the exception of kfalls. 

With that said I do plan to have transponders for sale and house transponders for rent.  The I laps system works great for what kfalls uses it for but in order to draw the big crowds I need to use the industry standard.   

Im also planing a work party next Saturday so if your willing to do some labor for some free track time then ill see you next satutday ill be there by 9am and will be there all day.  the new shop is 1207 rouge river hyw hope to see some of you there. 

o and thanks steve for the support and i think im going to start racing a stampede  ::)
  4. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

That's a pretty bold comment for someone who has never ran the scoring system? ::) Maybe you should talk to Adam or Austin,they actually ran with the timing system in question... Or believe in the blind faith that amb is the godsend for all things timing lol.

Hope they have the bankroll to have rental transponders in house, or just turn away newbies and out of town racers
    [/quote]

I think just turning away assbites that have no idea who I am, or the fact that I've run most of the timing systems available on the market other than the one you mentioned would work for me??  Think about what you say since words can come accross very abruptley, I've tried myself to tone my typing attitude down you may wan't to think about the same?  FYI ask Austin or Adam about me, maybe they can educate you since you just dropped there names against me :)

[quote author=steve 40 link=topic=2719.msg15477#msg15477 date=1361036387]
    Congrats to adam, hes got a setup that will help a local track...  A hobby shop that supports the local track, and knowledge so a newbie doesnt bring a toy sword to a gun fight.  For instance, our quality local hobby shop, father and son checked out out indoor racing, went in the next weekend(cause there hours are 10-4) and bought a truck but was coerced by employee that he didnt need a slash, he would be better suited for a stampede.  But the employee who has never raced or witnessed a race, and doesnt know jack unless it says on the box, did talk him into the racing wheelie bar, a must for racing in his eyes.  Needless to say the kid came out raced, had a good time, the father on the other hand wasnt amused that his so called race truck was far from.    My point being with a good knowledgeable shop with knowledgeable employee will do great..   
    Transponders.... Ive been racing for 15+ years  I personally have used the AMB system and now the Ilap system.  Ive been a few outta town events where AMB is used, Its not fool proof, Ive seen trouble and heard about other tracks too.  Now the ilap system isnt fool proof either, but it works great for the local "club" racing we do.  Is it accurate enough, of course.  is there down sides to it, of course.  But when we bought our system 2 years ago, we looked deep into both, Even went as far as calling other tracks that use Ilap and getting there opinions.  The AMB was 4500 ish with $100 transponders, Ilap 1200 ish with $35 transponders.  As a club we have ordered 90 transponders, only had a problem with 1, sent it in, was sent a new one.  The major downfall, IMO is the clear spot or hole needed, But once we got everyone on the same page, we have had no trouble with this system.  And at 35 bucks, we can rent them out really cheap, and as a non profit club, can have  rentals, Plus it alot easier for people to come up with 35 bucks each, versus 100 bucks each.      The Serious racer will spend whatever he/she needs to, however the newbie that is trying it out and after buying a car for 350, doesnt want to spend another 100 on a transponder.  Newbies are what makes the track keep going, there are gonna be people that come and go, how a hobby works.  But by eliminating them cause of cost, is the wrong way..IMO  Sorry about the rant.
    So adam When you have your races, let me know, ill definatly make the drive over..... Good luck
    [/quote]

This was said incredibly well!  Honestly I mean that.  The best thing you said was " it works great for the local "club" racing we do"  As Adam stated AMB is what almost ALL the tracks in our demo-graph here use.  Rattlesnake, J-ville, a-main, CGRC, PCRC, TCRC and many more use AMB.  Most of the crowd he will draw will already have AMB transpos.

And last thing to the rest of the naysayers, I'm bringing the equipment.  Adam will not be seeing any cost out of his pocket.
  5. lscottd

lscottd Registered

I like it when you type sinistercad it makes you sound like an :p but that's why i like you. :) your strait up with every one and till them how it is. ;) all wile trying to hold your self back. :-X I can feel you just want to explode sometimes. 8) :-X 8)
  6. cripplek

cripplek Registered

why cant we all just get along,lmao  :-X
  7. tuff truck racer

tuff truck racer Registered

8. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered

lol.  good one.
  9. cripplek

cripplek Registered

10. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Or believe in the blind faith that amb is the godsend for all things timing lol.

Hope they have the bankroll to have rental transponders in house, or just turn away newbies and out of town racers
    [/quote]

Unfortunately amb is the godsend for timing weather you, me, or Caleb wants to agree. . It is used worldwide for more than just our small Rc use segment. It is a timing standard and what All the cheaper systems compare themselves to. If you are into higher level racing and not just bashing around and racing with buddies you will have to own an amb. All the big tracks everywhere run it period. I support their decision 100% as its the most logical. Just because we already have certain systems we cant expect them to use that because its convenient. And I doubt Caleb or Adam would ever turn anyone away even if they had to dig a transponder out of their own ride to help a guy out. No new guy is gonna show up to the track for the first time with ANY type of transponder as that's one of the last items he needs and serves him little use. He's gonna rent one for a while while he's learning then make the investment down the road if he decides he likes racing. This is a silly debate about silly things that shouldn't even be a concern. A pro track is being made and hosting big races of course it's gonna be amb like all the rest. You go race in Kfalls take your I lap transponder. If you come race my track bring your robitronics. I find it funny we don't blink about $70 sets of tires we just burn up but a one time transponder purchase is so hard to swallow.
  11. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

I must have missed the self proclamation but it seems he has at least  2 nominations for rc god from you guys? Ill third the vote and we can make it final. "All hail sinistercad the new Rc god"

Hmmm ????? Seems even if I take a pointless comment and add more pointless banter it still remains pointless ?????  Hey there's a bear outside! I'm gonna go poke it a little because I'm bored. Wonder if its gonna bits me?
  12. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Sorry about bringing up the transponder thing ;D didn't think it was gonna get al political. Go bama  ;) ( inside joke) who cares Ill pay what ever to not rent one just to leave the house ones for the newbies and for out of towners as I race in my town. I just want to see it grow. Giving 4 years ago rc didn't seem as what it is today locally. I thought I was the only one flying around then learned about rouge valley flyers. So really I think John "GPS" should get some props for starting this forum for our local same interest sharing. Thanks John... And thanks Adam for giving us a playground for big kids. See u bright and early sat. Whom I kidding see u in the shop Monday lol...

Oh yeah......ps. Congrats sin on being the new rc racing god!  I know we have differences but have never not taken your advice. Except my fly sky f u man I love my flysky lol....
  13. lscottd

lscottd Registered

14. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

15. lscottd

lscottd Registered

;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D LMAO :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'(
  16. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

i second the nomination!! :)
  17. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    [size=1.2em]Big Cat[/size] would rather not fight

... he enjoys peacefully observing forum conversations and laconically participates when the moods strikes. He playfully chases interesting threads, and from time to time uses a Newbie or Propellerhead as a convenient scratching post. He enjoys being stroked or petted, and tends to purr loudly. CAUTION: Don't be fooled by his fuzzy, playful exterior. When provoked, Big Cat reacts with lightning speed and almost always lands on his feet after an attack. Big Cat often indulges himself by toying with his victim before delivering his lethal blows.

[size=1.2em]Flame Warriors [/size]
  18. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Agreed Wood.  Ehh! lol
  19. lscottd

lscottd Registered

LMAO  ;D Good kitty!!  8)
  20. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

...pizza anyone?