1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Well guys its official

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by Bartljuice, Feb 11, 2013.

1. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I dont think theres a lot you can do to add more traction.  We used sugar for when I used to pour concrete to get that exposed traction. I think if you sprayed it down in the dirt it wouldn't have that same chemical reaction. My theory would be just more time. The more it gets packed and broken in by so many different tires, they will leave lines where better grip can be found. If the track keeps getting modified it will take longer to set in rubber. It is clay based and seems to get harder every day. Some spots are even hard as concrete. I love it the way it is and think it will make me better, if I ever make it to any smaller tracks. But I plan to be there everyday before work for ever. I even asked adam about renting out my own pit area quarterly or bi annually. Dont worry wont be as huge as calebs' or even memberships. So I can just sign in. Prepaid or billed so I can still go on the days im straped for cash.
  2. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Hey caleb, quicl question. ...... so what's gonna happen with the nitro classes for the OSS? Sounded like u didn't think you could run them at the indoor track very easily, due to the fumes and noise......
  3. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Have to run nitro for ther oss.  fans are coming for ventilation.
  4. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Okie dokie. Any chances of running normal timed race (8min) or possibly triple A mains?
  5. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

10 mins is a standard time for all tracks other than CGRC and a few others.  Read through trhe RCtech threads and you will see why many companies offer 7000mah 100c Lipos for 4wd SC.  And yes there will be triple a mains for E-buggy.  As for short course if there is enough guys sure.  For all other 1/10th it will be up to the crowd at that time what they want to do.
  6. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Oh I kno on electric...... I ment for nitro
  7. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Same as always 30 mins.  Which is why the electrics get a triple A main.So all rigs run a total of 30 mins.
  8. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Well except for 2wd sc, 2wd buggy, 2wd stadium truck and 4wd mod buggy. You kno me caleb, and my dislike for nitro..... but you have to agree, its totally bias. If there is anyways we can mix things up and make it fair for everyone in every class, I think we will see more entries. My guys hate running for 29 mins of a wkd, and turning for 1.5 hrs. Its to the point where they don't want to race where nitro races. We would love to race the series with you guys, but its not gonna happen if we don't think its fair for everyone. We can talk personally about this issue if you would like.
  9. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Talk to Chad since he is the Director for the series.  But I do know that they changed it around to accommodate electric this year.  As for 1/8th scale the way it has been done before is the way it is at all large nitro tracks.  Nitro Pit, Fear Farm, AZ speedway etc. etc.  Electric gets a side note since the nitro is the larger group of guys.  As for this year I would definatley ask Chad since again I believe that's part of the reason behind the electric 1/10th stuff coming in and him spending almost two months solid rewoking his track.
  10. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Fair enough. Not pointing fingers, just saying what I feel and what I hear ppl complain about. Hopefully nitro gets a good turn out and maybe we can turn for electric and nitro turns for nitro. Keeps it fair I think. Run times aren't, but I personally think 3x mains are a waste of time. We normally kno the winner after the first rd. I will bring it up to him tho. If your race was any indication of how nitro is gonna be, will I think we should consider a change. Just my two cents.
  11. ripandgrip

ripandgrip Registered

I have followed these threads for allong time and just finaly sighned up. All I have to say is yrekarc i dont know you but wow do you complain allot. Expecialy about nitro, so you dont like nitro thats cool but stop complaining for years over and over again i read this from you Enough. Im an electric guy as well but man alive if you dont like it dont come having a track here is a privilage were lucky to have no one said it was built for you only. If you Dont like what they do keep it to your self or dont come. Sorry for ranting im just tiered of it.
  12. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

If you been following, then you should know that we are a friendly forum. Though topics get blown up. He did stat it as his opinon. Not attacking anyone.... he is just making his points, and ideas.. I dont want or plan to have nitro. But I do love em' . For me, having the nitro class was like have the "Feature" race. Or the "big event"  so I dont think they will be going anywhere. Unless everyone starts bitching. But being an electric fan my self.. that gas smell and loud motors get me going. .... as it should for a man.
  13. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Not sure how to take that...... I was simply asking a question. I go to many races all over southern oregon and northern cali, and there always seem to hear the same complaint from ppl about electric turning for nitro. Yes I am a electric racer, and yes I'm not a fan of turning 30+ min nitro mains. And yes tons of other ppl feel the same way I do. Sorry if you feel I'm complaining about it to much. I kno chad and caleb pretty well, bought many cars and raced with both of them a lot actually. I was just making suggestions to possibly smooth things out at some of these large race and possibly get more entries for them. If chad and or caleb would like me and my group of electric guys to not show up at their races, well by all means, all they need to do is say so. I'm not making anyone build a track for me, its their call on how they run their program. I'm actually loolong forward to watching the long nitro mains at chads, but from the sidelines with a cold beer in hand, not standing out there for 30 mins, 2-3 times a day. Again, caleb and chad, let me kno if I'm messing up your program, no hard feelings, I will take my business else where. If not, we will see you guys in a cpl wks for some great racing!
  14. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

@ ripgrip 
    wow ! 
    you've read this forum for years ? just registered to post a complaint about another member. 
    you're batting 1000 %  I'd like to know what you have done for rc racing locally.  If you're an electric guy, you can tell yrekarc to "shut up"  by showing up and beating him in a electric class, and not from behind your keyboard. 
  15. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

I've talked to Chad at length about it and also many of the electric guys, problem being is almost ALL of the OSS series guys are nitro guys and ALSO run electric.  You boys from down under are the odd man out so to speak with only electric.  So with that said I do believe we have come to decision about how it will go.  The first race will be the decider and if you are there you will get to vote on it, and be a part of it.

Also to everyone else, be nice to the new guy!  He's reading through as I just did and you can see that Yreka has hit me with the same question three times!  Not excessive to me but as a new onlooker I can understand.  I'm sure the new guy also knows Yreka from a few local races and Adam is keen on voicing his open opinion just as I am so he probably has heard it for years.  Who knows?? Austin, Chase settle down! lol  DO as I have had to do lately and cool it.  We need more people in this hobby, not keep pushing people away.  Now I have answered Yreka's question and I hope to see you guys at the first OSS, and also at our first points race this Sunday.
  16. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Haha oh caleb! You make me smile my friend. We will be there, and ready to race. I won't beat that so called dead horse anymore...... just voiceing my opinion as you used to do. ;-) As far as the new format that is posted on rctech, I kinda figured the idea of nitro turning nitro and electric does electric, was already set in stone. Chad was sayin the new format has been in the works for awhile, so I guess it wasn't all me. Anyways, looking forward to racing with everyome this yr, and hope you finish on all 4 wheels this yr, cuz I don't wanna feel like u let me win. ;-) haha
  17. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

not sure i can make the first points race... it is mudders day and all.  I'll try, but not sure
    i will be @ OSS though.
  18. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Would you guys like me to change it to Saturday?
  19. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Would you guys like me to change it to Saturday?
    [/quote]
    Id vote for Saturday.  Mothers day is just setting myself up disaster.  Im tried of sleeping on that damn couch..  lol
  20. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

saturday this weekend would work alot better for me! That way i wouldnt have to sleep on the couch also!!!  lol