1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VIDEOS : SKYWALKER 1900

Discussion in 'AP/FPV' started by N485TG, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Ha, yeah, he will certainly see the video! I am stuck at work till Sunday again  :( so we will have to find another time. But I think we could use valley of the rogue park for ground operations, I see people fly there once in a while at the grass field.
  2. N485TG

N485TG Registered

Is that park in RR
  3. N485TG

N485TG Registered

NM I found it
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Is this the one you mean? 

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=valley+of+the+rogue+park&ll=42.410546,-123.132083&spn=0.015368,0.020664&fb=1&gl=us&hq=valley+of+the+rogue+park&hnear=0x54c57a231cfb16a5:0xcba25ba08e5112d4,Grants+Pass,+OR&cid=0,0,7733911530887317392&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

That looks farther than the business there at the edge od Rogue River just past Rays.

I made this map to demonstrate the distances:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217883574296714399775.0004c8fca3ae3a0ed7a73&msa=0&ll=42.412178,-123.140688&spn=0.061469,0.082655
  5. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Not sure if this map link will work or not, but the blue dot would be the runway area, blue dash is flight path, take off and head West first, then land from the East at end of flight, red dot is tower, red line is canyon to look down by panning a wing shot.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/#id=r6Dp_5w6WW
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

The link worked for me.  Let me know if you guys decide on a day and time to fly that.
  7. N485TG

N485TG Registered

NICE love the link
  8. N485TG

N485TG Registered

Looks like you would need to fly at 1400' AGL just to clear the highest point and then after you fly on the West or East side you have to make sure that your flying high enough to still have LOS with the Ground station or you will loose video. Makes me want a laptop for this one and I THINK again I THINK you can plug the eagle tree Eagle eyes strait into a laptop via USB and it will show you where you are in google earth. But my laptop is long gone dead.
  9. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

I can bring a laptop, but remember, AGL is "above ground level" the mountain is the ground. I figure you take off, head West and climb to 400' AGL just before the right hand turn, then after exiting the turn and heading East up the ridge line begin to climb with the terrain while maintaining the 400' AGL and possibly pass over the top around 250' AGL? For the return I just guessed on a path over the twin bridges, but it could be most anywhere. I can bring binoculars for being a spotter and if you have your new Tx on the right freq we could stage someone to the East with my Rx/TV setup to act as a backup and just prior to the takeoff setup a speaker phone session with that person for instant communication to talk you back if need be.
  10. N485TG

N485TG Registered

Got my TX yesterday BUT my DX8 battery messed up so ill be looking to try and get one tomorrow thats if als even carrys one. But I was getting 1.5 miles just fine no problem so I think for this flight it would be fine. Also It would be neat to fly along I-5 over the river.
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

I've got some FRS radios we can use also, but I am not sure of their range.
  12. N485TG

N485TG Registered

That should work seems like when they first came out they were rated at a mile or mile and a half. But I know now day they can go up to 5 miles or more so they should. Also would be good to have if we need to go hunt for a down aircraft. Well got a TX battery for my DX8 so should be up and running now going to do a flight today to make sure all is well with new battery and new 910 TX.
  13. N485TG

N485TG Registered

OK OK so my video TX was stuck on 980 so the company sent me a new one that should be stuck on 910! BUT ITS NOT!!!  So looks like with this one I have 910 980 plus what ever the other 2 are. SO... that means they sent me the INTL ver instead of the US ver.  Ok well what ever I tried 910 and that freq sucks. Tried 980 but couldnt get out to a mile before the video started cutting out. So..... lets think about that keep the TX that is stuck on 980 that can fly out to 1.56 miles or one that can change from 910 and go 1 foot as well as go to 980 and go a mile out mmmm lets see which one should I send back. Also did a flight yesterday at a school and I couldnt even get out of the field when it was on 910 with out it cutting out. Anyways heres the video of todays flight.  O and I had to make a Emergency landing and ended up crash landing LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDIN7WBvaQ&hd=1[/youtube]
  14. N485TG

N485TG Registered

are we still meeting tomorrow
  15. N485TG

N485TG Registered

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJvLAFO4gdI&hd=1[/youtube]
  16. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Awesome......