1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tire Foams

Discussion in 'On Road' started by pile of toys, Sep 19, 2011.

1. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

I have a Brushless Traxxas Rally 1/16,and would like to get better traction-anyone know what would bolt on and go?.I have heard  1/10 scale touring cars will work,but I don't know which have the same hex hubs (Associated's are too deap-I tried my nitro tc3's=no go)-may need to Dremmel them down??--also,any suggestions for blacktop surface?
  2. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

One word, Kyosho
  3. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

I just tried out some traxxas 4 tech stockers,that were too shot for my tc3,result=they fit and work almost perfect for controled high speed cornering/drifts.Why didn't traxxas use these to begin with ?-they are way better than the factory rallys..WAY BETTER.BTW Sin/Cad=thanks for the "word" of wisdom-I will be looking that way too-life continues to be a learning process ???
  4. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

Blueice12-thanks for your post.The depth and diameter of those hex heads, seem to be my issue (along w/ the price of 4 tech stockers=$40.00).The original rubber on a Traxxas Rally just doesn't work well once you add a lipo.---I have been distracted w/ other RC's in my bin right now,so there hasn't been a rush to get this done.---The Rally however, is a great lunchbreak parking lot basher.
  5. JROCK

JROCK Registered

hey pile of toys,have you tried the associated  tc3 wheels?i use those on one of my 4tec's.''VERY NICE'' grip.you should check them out.as far as the name of the wheels,i'm noot sure.
  6. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

JROCK- yea , I tried those first, (off my tc3)=hex hub is too deep,and rubs on the carriers-and if I us the Assoc. hex hubs,then the axle is too short to bolt the wheel on.Those would have been nice though.
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

8. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

sweet!--I need to mail order some stuff...I try to keep my buiseness local, but it's breaking the bank.I am going to put a Baja Bug body on my Slash,to go with the sand paddles,for coastal trips---LOCAL SHOP wants $40.00 plus paint-I think I'll ck EBAY too.=thanks GPS,I have been out of RC long enough, I forgot HPI has some nice looking touring car wheels.