1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The power conversion

Discussion in 'Power Boats' started by jwmoor, Apr 14, 2014.

1. jwmoor

jwmoor Registered

Due to increasing regulations or out right ban of gas operated RC boats in public lakes and ponds, grudgingly I swap my jet boat from 4stroke gas to electric power plant... IMG_1950.JPG this to IMG_1958.JPG . At first I was going to use three 5A 12v jell cells but opted to use or incorporate the 18v cordless system which allows me to continue and use the cordless tools and now the boat also:). I already had a 0-40v Panasonic DC motor so I tied in two of the 18v power packs (using an old double charger that burnt out), hooked the power up to a 36v electric scooter speed controller which makes this jet IMG_1955.JPG go like a bat out of hell. Future projects with the boat will include incorporating a operational pellet firing tank turret along with a FPV camera for some battle boat action and A optional fish finding/line launching boat.
  2. jwmoor

jwmoor Registered

Forgot to mention that the third power pack is used to run the sump and receiver power and future mods
    GPS likes this.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Have you been running this boat? Any video we can see?
  4. jwmoor

jwmoor Registered

So far just some sea trials in my water troff and no videos as of yet. Medical issues have me sidelined for another month but after that will be doing some testing and video taping.