1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by Golden Child, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Oops - sorry Bill, just saw your post. I must have been flying my sim when you put that up ;D Thank you, and w00d, so much for your input in helping me solve this riddle!
  2. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    hehe, I like taking-off and landing the LA-4 on the grass [​IMG]

Hey GC have you flown the Beriev BE-103?
    I don't know, I didn't like the way it flies ... I found this one too fast and hard to control for my tastes
    But I do tend to like em slow and easy going so that might have everything to do with it

Maybe I should try her w/ a little EXPO to slow the controls just a wee bit !?!
  3. Golden Child

Yes, the Beriev is twitchy! With two motors and a delta wing, not to mention the full-throw elevators (!), it is definitely a handful to fly. After flying it in the sim, I am reconsidering building one - I already have the 1/10th scale plans and most of the electronics - but I can use all the parts I've gathered on other projects, so no loss if I don't build it ;)
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

[quote author=w00d link=topic=16.msg7607#msg7607 date=1333545347]Maybe I should try her w/ a little EXPO to slow the controls just a wee bit !?![/quote]

I just tried teh Beriev again but this time w/ EXPO ... 20% Aileron and 20% Elevator

... It's still a 'handful' but nevertheless it is better, if you haven't already give it a try [​IMG]
  5. GPBill

GPBill Registered

You fellas notice how this one in particular and even the cub on floats tend to skip, or bounce on takeoffs and landings. I think they may have added a touch more difficulty in flying the float planes. I don't recall the the past version being so much this way. My real models handle better than these.
    you really have to apply a lot of up elevator with the Beriev to get off the water and I can't seem to land without at least one bounce.  ::)
  6. w00d

w00d Registered

"you really have to apply a lot of up elevator with the Beriev to get off the water"

This I have noticed w/ the Beriev and yup they ALL seem to bounce, and more so on take-off if my TRIM settings are SET for level flight
  7. w00d

w00d Registered

Hey GC, I was just looking at one of your older threads saying you we're buying a PBY Catalina, but I don't remember seeing what happened after that thread. Did you get one or did you get then sell or ........ ? Only curious since we're talking about amphibians ...
  8. w00d

w00d Registered

Found a real  Beriev, BE-200 not the BE-103 but anywayz ...
    ... It's actually a Water Bomber and Jet Powered. Those crazy Russians still like to make em BIG

[youtube]YJ-Iw_6tW40[/youtube]
  9. Golden Child

w00d - The PBY was on indefinite backorder. Funny how they charge my credit card for something they didn't have in stock :mad: Anyway, long story short, I cancelled that order and bought my Seawind seaplane from Tower Hobbies. The Seawind is an EXCELLENT flyer! And since we're on the topic of sepalanes, I just sold my Lake LA-4 to Chris (CSager). I had three seaplanes, and he had none - kinda stingey of me :-[ He had been looking for one and I bought it and another (Aqua Cat) before he was able to spot them at the swap and shop. So now he has something to fly at our monthly float fly's at Lake Selmac ;)
  10. w00d

w00d Registered

Haha I LIKE your style GC, you change up your fleet lineup as often as one changes shocks ... Keeps it FUN eh [​IMG]

I also HATE that and I will cancel if they charge my card when they know an item is out of stock. My favorite Rc Heli retailer checks each and every order they receive, eyes-on so issues such as this don't happen. Allot of retailers, too many will blame their System but I don't except that excuse 

So MAD this one time as "they" charged my card for an out of stock D90 & Lens which took almost three weeks before I received it. Didn't even notify me that it was back ordered, after ignoring the first few of my eMails and only when I cancelled the order did they take notice. Unbelievable given teh amount I cash I was willing to drop on a first time order! But they promised to have it at my door the very next day FREE of charge so only then did I let the purchase continue. Meh, allot of was my fault for letting it go so long but I did get free shipping for my wait ...

[​IMG]  LMAO "The Squeaky Wheel GETS the Grease"  [​IMG]

Although when I can I do prefer to order COD! This way "they" can't play games with me  [​IMG]

[size=1.1em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow]

[/size]
  11. Golden Child

OK, so you may have noticed I took ALL the individual planes out of my signature. It literally was getting too hard to keep up ;) I have "acquired" several more planes in the past few weeks and will try to get photos up as quickly as I can. I just picked the one below up today. It's a Hangar9 FuntanaS .40 3D by Sebart. It has a 56" wingspan and came complete with a .46 nitro engine that I will be pulling out shortly (it will be for sale as soon as I know what it is). It also came with a nice Futaba 6YG-FM radio - Tx, Rx, servos, etc. that I also will be removing and putting up for sale. The plane is complete and ready to fly - everything works! BUT... I am installing one of my electric motors and my Spektrum radio gear. Can't wait to get her in the air ;D

Attached Files:

12. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Nice looking plane GC. She aught to fly nicely on e-power.  :)
    Can't wait to see the other new additions.
    Did you ever find a float plane that would work for you?
  13. Golden Child

Still looking for "The One" ;D I did pick up a Cessna 195 .60-size with landing gear and floats. I've been working my crazy hours at work and haven't had time to get her ready for the float fly next weekend :( I'll get it together for a static display if nothing else. Doing flight training tomorrow and then a few flights on Sunday, but mostly I'm going to just be relaxing ;)
  14. GPS

GPS Registered

I thought you were switching to cars and trucks.  ;)
  15. Golden Child

I thought you were switching to cars and trucks.  ;)
    [/quote]

No matter how fast you go, they just don't fly! (hehe) ;)
  16. Golden Child

A few pics of another of my recent acquisitions. It's an Aero Cruiser by Black Horse Models. A great flying 3D "trainer" aircraft. I say trainer because of it's relatively smaller size - 33" wingspan. I have a 450-size 1050kv brushless outrunner with 30a ESC running on a 3s 2200mah 65c LiPo with a 10x3.8 slow-flyer prop for about 8 minutes of hard-core flight time :) The landing gear is carbon fiber (not stock), and I am using Corona DS-939MG digital, metal-gear 12.5g servos from HobbyKing.com (only $5.88 each!!!)
    This is a GREAT parkflyer and very fun to play with while learning new maneuvers!

Attached Files:

17. GPS

GPS Registered

That airplane flies really nice and has tons of power.  Congratulations Mike.
  18. RichardatMTW

RichardatMTW Registered

Hey GC regarding the 46 Funtanna the motor in that plane is a OS 46 FX
  19. Golden Child

Thanks Richard, I was hoping you'd have some knowledge of it! +1  ;D
  20. Golden Child

A few more pics of some of my recent acquisitions...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]