1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by Golden Child, Aug 2, 2011.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

What is that olive green warbird?  That E-Flite looks familiar, is it the one that was for sale on here with the DX6i?
  2. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

The olive green warbird is the British Supermarine Spitfire. Not sure who makes this kit, I picked it up several weeks ago from one of the flyers at Redwood. It needs a complete rebuild of the tailfeathers and I'll probably re-cover the entire airframe with Solartex fabric covering for a more scale-like appearance.
    The E-flite Sbach UMX is the one that was for sale here. I picked it up yesterday, as well as the Super Chipmunk 90S. The Chipmunk is similar to the one I already have, 64" wingspan, but uses a .90-size motor and has flaps and retracts :)
    The blue and white one is a Cessna 195 (? I think ?). It came with standard landing gear, but I picked up the floats from Dangerous Dan and started making the mounts for it during my breaks at work. I've already got the motor mounts fabricated, just need some moments of pain-free lucidity! ;)
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

OK so I'm guilty of letting my own thread stagnate :'( But good news!!!! This weeks acquisition is a BEAUTIFUL Hangar9 .60-size F4U Corsair with 90deg. rotating retracts! Wingspan is just over 65"!!! Haven't any pics yet as I'm still trying to organize my hobby room better and have a severe mess left over from the initial assembly of my Y650 Scorpion :( Haven't been out flying much recently as I'm still recovering from my knee injury and work is ridiculously busy - off for the weekend but 16-hour days for the next two weeks straight :mad: Here is a link to the product web page. You can see it retails for $260, I picked it up NIB compete for $100 - yea me!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/f4u-corsair-60-w-retracts-arf-HAN2575#t2
  4. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Hey if you want a hand spiffing up you hobby room and need someone to do some footwork for ya let me know. Im pretty free all weekend  ;).