1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The Decently Average Honcho

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by slash 127, Mar 21, 2013.

1. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

what esc are u running?? because if you can use a programmer like the AE-2 then u can turn up the timming and get more power out of it!!
  2. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Whatever came in rtr wraith I think ae2
  3. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Have u swicthed your wires. Mine came outa the box like that. I swicthed the plugs. Then reversed my throttle.  Of course this is only with brushed motor. Also if u have a drag brake on your remote. It could effect it also.
  4. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Yeah even switching the wires it still had more torque in reverse is there a mode like that that it could be in?
  5. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Remotes don't have drag brake features on them. Drag is only controlled via the esc if equipped.

[quote author=knightrider81 link=topic=2916.msg17690#msg17690 date=1367205008]
    what esc are u running?? because if you can use a programmer like the AE-2 then u can turn up the timming and get more power out of it!!
    [/quote]

Ae-2 is programmable with some features but timing is not one you can adjust. Even if you could adjust it that would be a bad recommendation in this case. He is having a retarded timing problem and adding more electronic timing through a adjustable controller would retard it even further and at that point most likely cause irreversible damage to the motor and possibly the esc.

Alright  Slash I'm feeling generous today so I will help you get it fixed step by step if you want. Its a pretty easy fix just a few steps involved to get it working the right way. First thing you want to do is get it calibrated correctly before we proceed. Lets disregard what way the wheels spin and how fast in which direction we just want the controllers interacting correctly at this point.

To calibrate the esc turn on your radio and plug in the esc with the switch off. Next hold full throttle on your remote and switch on your esc. You will hear a series of rings and the light will be green when it is done recording full throttle range and now you relax trigger to neutral. Now you will have blinking red light and you will hold the trigger to full reverse until it chimes again. After that relax to neutral again and wait a few more seconds while it records neutral. Now if all things went correct you are properly calibrated and when you apply forward throttle on the radio the esc will light up green and then red in reverse. Also after this is set up make sure your motor wires are connected in the correct orientation with red on red and black on black.

After you have that completed report back and I will give you your next mission. Just a couple more steps and you will be going the right way ;)
  6. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

ahh ok i didnt realize he was having that kind of problem i thought it was something else! slash go with highlandcrawlers advise he knows what hes talking about!
  7. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Next step pwease  :D
  8. highlandcrawler

Alright so now your electronics are all set. You should give it gas and get green on the esc and reverse and brake should give red. Now on the physical moving of the truck what way does it go when you give it gas? Forward or back? If it goes the right direction your done If not report back
  9. JerryCustoms

JerryCustoms Registered

Alright I programmed it today and the wheels go backward when u hit forwar and just switching the servo switch to reveresd will be right back how it was so now what flip the ring gear in the housing?... Srry I forgot to mention I'm his cousin and he's leavin with me to work on haha
  10. highlandcrawler

I don't know what you flipped on the radio but don't flip any switches or we will be back at square 1. Just pull the diffs and swap them to make it go the correct direction.