1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Seawind Seaplane

Discussion in 'Floatplanes and Seaplanes' started by Golden Child, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

No, I really only use it for vacations and weddings/family get-togethers. I'll post a few pics later when I get home.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

I bet the images file sizes are HUGE.  You will need to reduce them a lot to post here, but I am curious to see the output from that camera.
  3. Golden Child

I think I'll host them online somewhere, then reference the link. File size restrictions are the main reason I don't use the 5D for pics that I post online. It really only makes a difference when I print them out for clients. Any suggestions for online photo hosting?
  4. Golden Child

I've uploaded a few pics to PhotoBucket.com. I did reduce the file size by 1/4 because they would take too long to upload, plus, I really don't want anyone ripping-off my work (not anyone here, but just in general). You can see I'm partial to sunsets. The smooth color saturation and lighting are more a result of quality lenses than the number of megapixels a camera is capable of (common misconception). More MP does not necessarily mean better pictures. You can get perfect 11x17's with a 5MP camera and a quality German or Japanese lens. Anyway, enough rambling, the link is below. Enjoy :)

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/OriginalGoldenChild/Sunsets%20With%20the%20Canon%205D/

And this really SHOULD go without saying - please do not copy or share these photos or link with anyone. Thanks, Mike.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Nice!  I like 5 of 7 the best:

Is that the Oregon coast?
  6. Golden Child

The first four were taken here at my house July 2009. The last three are from a vacation home we stay at every February in Brookings. Pic #6 I actually have blown-up and framed above my fireplace. I made the frame from driftwood we picked right there at the beach!
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

Cool idea with the driftwood frame.  Is Brookings the place with the big rocks formations off the shore, or is all of Oregon like that?
  8. Golden Child

Most of the Oregon coast has those rock formations. Probably the most famous is Face Rock at Bandon. Easily the most popular is Harris Beach just up the coast from Brookings.
  9. Golden Child

Just got off the phone with Great Planes (the manufacturer of the Seawind), and they're sending out a replacement ESC right away - no charge, under warranty :D What a great company! I was all set to argue for the next hour, and didn't need to!!! In fact, the call took less than 3 minutes :eek: Definitely going to keep buying this brand, and recommending it to all who ask ;D ;D ;D
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

What a coincidence.  I was on the phone with Novak about a defective ESC today also.  I was expecting a unpleasant experience but they are replacing my Havok Pro ESC at no charge.  They will send it out on Monday and they are sending a return shipping label so I don't have pay the defecting part return shipping and I also won't have to send mine in first before they send the new one.  How cool is that?
  11. Golden Child

The replacement ESC came in yesterday. Very nice dealing with a company that understands customer satisfaction. Can't say enough good things about Great Planes/Electrifly!