1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

RVJET 1950 mm FPV flying wing with pan and tilt dome - $249.00

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by GPS, Apr 11, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

Looking for a awesome FPV or aerial video / photography airplane? This one has it all.
    I was really digging the "Skywalker X8" plane with the big wingspan and huge cavity in the fuselage, but I think I like this plane even more!

[​IMG]

Read more and see photos via the source link.

Source:
    http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php...id=306&zenid=12cdb92731a6a4da19c6ae7452b81f48

PDF Manual and parts list:
    http://www.rangevideo.com/docs/pr_rvjet_2.11.2013.pdf
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Very cool for sure!  You could haul a ton of stuff in that thing.

...Tiger
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Exactly.  Plenty of room for FPV gear and/or long range transmitter equipment or autopilot electronics and sensors.  You can also change the wingspan to suit your application.
    But the stand out feature for me is the beautiful clear nose and the camera gimbal solution that fits inside.  That is really sweet!
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Wow, just look at this un-boxing video.  This airplane looks like a quality product all the way!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgB0UKwNcXs#![/youtube]
  5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Very cool!  The black one looks like a bat.  I'd like that, but it might be hard to see in the air.  Guess I'd get the white one and dress it up with paint or decals.  The thing is just cool.  I wish one of you guys would buy one so I could see it. :)

...Tiger
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

I was hoping you'd get one so I could see it.  ;)
  7. Tiger

Tiger Registered

I wonder how slow it will fly?  I'm thinking a quad for FPV just because it can go so slow or hover.  If I ever get the courage to try my FPV stuff, I don't want anything happening very fast.  If you could build your confidence way up, then I think a plane might be better.  Then again, I've seem my quads cover some ground really fast.  We need to get Tyson to buy one of these and show us both.  If it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy a black on to hang from the ceiling.  The thing is really cool!

...Tiger
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

I don't know how slow it can fly either.  I also prefer a multirotor over an airplane because of the hover capability.  The one thing that these airplanes do better is really long range flying, and I have to admit that is something I am interested in, especially when the airplane is equipped with a flight controller that can fly waypoints and a "lawnmower" grid pattern.

I doubt that Tyson would be interested in this because he is into helicopters more, but I may be wrong so maybe he will chime in himself.
    My guess would be someone from the Sunday flying group would be more likely, but on the other hand most of those guys are not into any high tech electronics and just enjoy manual short range fun flying.
  9. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

You NAZA guys don't know how easy you will have it when you try FPV.

Why back when I had to walk up hill in the snow both ways................

:)

I just did my first living room FPV with a KK2. As far as a plane, for the reason GPS said I would be interested, but really needs UHF, RTH and all the goodies to make it worth it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-w69RCc88[/youtube]
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

So who's going to be the first kid on the block with one of these Range Video planes?

Your tri-copter is getting better.  I thought you were going to fly into the kitchen and come out the other side or turn around and come back.