1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

project tacoma (pic heavy)!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by chaseloc101, Feb 27, 2013.

1. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I wanted to start this thread for my scx10 for up coming mods and builds to share for my first scale build. Im always looking for new ideas, so please share your eexperiences. I wont bore anyone with mods u might have already done. But mostly will focus on the body ( which im still tring to decide on) and other scale accessories. .
    [​IMG]
  2. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Getting ready to build my trailer I figured I'd need a hitch. Looked around, almost just went with an rc4wd one. But I found a good deal on another brand you may have seen on ebay. Their kind of a p.o.s. the actual cut out aluminum parts are great, but didnt have all the screws and wrong spacers. Either way I got it together and I think looks pretty good. And very sturdy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Maybe the Tacoma sticker kit?
  4. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

nice man where did u find that at?? and how much?? ive been looking for one so once my trailer is done i can tow it
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

for sure was thinking of getting a new clear honcho body. They make an interior for it. And want to hide the body post.[quote author=knightrider81 link=topic=2793.msg15845#msg15845 date=1361982029]
    nice man where did u find that at?? and how much?? ive been looking for one so once my trailer is done i can tow it
    [/quote]
    Found it on ebay think I paid like $17 for it. It did come with some wrong sized spacers and stuff. But that was my experience.  You might get it right. Luckly I have a screw kit that gave me the peices I needed.
    Does it look scale enough.?
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

Your truck is looking really good Chase, great job.  I really like the dog too, you come up with cool creative ideas.
    I'm also glad you did a build thread.  We used to have more but people, including myself, don't seem to post them anymore.
  7. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I noticed. I seen some on rcsparks.com and thought I would share my first scale build. Would be cool to see other custom builds. Plus it's more fun when its local..
    P.s. Richard you think you can frame me up a trailer. Just looking for frame. Im thinking of going with a wood deck.
  8. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Check this out. Came across a youtube vid on diy scale bunjy cords. I learned I tried I perfected. So I went into mass production mode. I have a whole bunch of black. And a few colored ones. And even some pink. (Hey girls got to bunjy too.  8) ) here I put a pair in parts bag and was gonna see if it sells on ebay. What do you think $1 a pair. Let me know if any of you guys want some. No charge ..

[​IMG]
  9. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

I'll buy some I wanted them years ago and couldn't figure out how to make them lol
  10. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Ill give u some. Just tell me what colors. The hooks very in multiple colors . As far as the cords I have black, white, pink, purple, blue, light blue, yellow, green, orange and red .
    Ooo street sweeper just went buy gonna try and get some brushes to make leaf spring...
  11. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Oh cool how about green with chrome/silver hooks
  12. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Will do.. I walked into sleadds with those blue ones. And sold em before I could even show adam. I post the green ones u want . Let me go bust them out real quick...
  13. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Here you go. Took me under 10 minutes. Im getting faster.. I put them on top of my honcho so u can see the size. These are eyeballed so lenght may be a little different but sturdy and functional.. hope u like em their yours now..

[​IMG]
  14. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Cool! Thanks. You think they could double as a tow rope? And maybe you can start selling em in sleadds
  15. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Well thats actually one band cut in two. I could make a longer one. But the hooks are strong enough to double up.
  16. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

A yellow tow rope would be cool to either rap around the bumper or put in a cargo box. I've seen them made out of shoe string

Like so http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/showthread.php?37117-HOW-TO-Make-A-Scale-And-Cheap-Tow-Strap
  17. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Thats pretty cool. But I dont have any yellow lace. And a bunjy would be to bouncy. I have a blue lace and would probably soe it together. And on that note have fun making it. Lol. I'll try one out and post the outcome.
  18. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

I can't figure out the hooks lol
  19. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

yeah i can do up a trailer for ya maybe we should get together and go get some supplies for it im only lacking a grinder to clean up my wields! Im ganna go get one tomarrow i think
  20. slash 127

slash 127 Registered

Wanna meet at sleadds sometime for those bungees?