1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

PBR POints series

Discussion in 'Events' started by sinistercad, May 7, 2013.

1. bakerman1

bakerman1 Registered

Is the OSS round 2 at PBR both on sat and sun?  If so what are the times and cost per vehicle etc.  need to plan ahead :)
  2. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Yes it is, and also it's a three day event basically.  Friday is practice, saturday quals, Sunday mains.  Here's the schedule and breakdown.

Here are the classes and format that will be run this series:

1/10 Classes

2wd buggy - open motor
    4wd buggy - open motor
    Stadium truck - open motor
    2wd SC - open motor
    4wd SC - open motor

All 1/10 classes are limited to a 2 cell lipo or 7 cell Nimh

Saturday will be 3 qualifiers of 6 min each

Sunday will be AAA mains of 7 min each

1/8 Classes

Nitro buggy
    Nitro Arena Truck/truggy
    E buggy

E truggy will be handled and placed in a class accordingly to how many show up

Saturday qualifiers will be 3 - 7 min qualifiers

Sunday Mains

A mains - 30 minutes
    B mains - 20 minutes
    C mains - 15 minutes

E buggy will be AAA of 10 minutes each

All qualifiers will be IFMAR and rocket rounds like they have been in the past

The format will be similar to the NCT's.....

Electrics will run ALL their qualifiers in the morning followed by nitros in the afternoon.

Same format on Sunday for the Mains. Electrics will run first then followed by the nitros.

The following is the entry fees for the OSS

First class $25
    Second class $25
    Third class $20
    Fourth class $15
    If you are crazy enough to run a 5th class, then hell you can race that class for free!!

Please note also, if you are camping and are "hooked up" to power, there will be a request of $10 per night. If you are camping in a trailer and are self sufficient. There is no charge.

Everyone thinks tracks make soooo much money. Ask yourself this, if tracks made so much money, don't you think there would be more of them??

I am looking forward to a good series and adding some new classes and hopefully some new faces. Even though old faces are still nice to see!!
  3. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

can't wait for OSS! i'm not a nitro guy, buy man do i love the smell, and roar of nitro engines.

As far as PBR points series, and since we are half way done I have a few questions

Could we get a list on the ways we can be awarded points and their individual amounts ?
    ex.  amount of points we get for showing up, how many for qualifiers, placement for mains.  and our presentation points ( is that how much our trucks look like the current oregon ducks football helmets ? )  ;D 
  4. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

There's more to it than just listing what everything gives you for points.  Easiest explanation is there are 101 points per race available, the only way to get 101 is to first SHOW UP  ;D  second qual first and then place first in your main.  Points statitiscs are based on the group size also, the more cars there are the less total points available to the last place guy, the less than the more points available to the last place guy.  Basically it is a 60/40 split of sorts.  If you show up you have an available 40 points in qual and 60 points in a main, plus 1 point for TQ with 1st place finish.

It's hard to explain much further than this since it's an algorythm built into the scoring system that would take days to explain fully.  And yes Austin I will give you some points in 4WD SC, You just cant win both in a weekend! lol
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

How do u score in presentation?
  6. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

If you don't show you get 0 ZERO points lol
  7. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Oh i c. Just an inquisitive idiot moment.  :-[
  8. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Reviving an old thread here, but I'm wondering if we can get an idea of what the schedule for the next "season" (I guess we're doing away with points seasons?) will start. I know there's some track remodeling and OSS stuff going on, so this probably messes things up for awhile.

Also, I'd just like to throw an opinion out there. My understading is that we're moving to an every-other-Sunday and every-other-Wednesday schedule. There's still racing once a week every week, but that sucks for people like myself and my entourage that can't make weeknight races. Could we still do an every Sunday race and just add Wednesday nights for the folks that want it? Because I'd be sad if my racing fun got cut in half each month.  :(
  9. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Well guys I've decided that we will be open for standard racing on Sundays again and also Wednesday nights provided a decent group of guys actually show up!  We were going to stop every other Sunday since gentleman like yourself Nexus even said "Racing every weekend will get boring"  So I was under the assumption every other weekend would work better.  My bad lol, I hope to see you guys the Sunday after OSS August 4th!
  10. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Sunday has turn into my ritual for racing. Last two sundays I've been bored not racing. Also you could tell who was getting bored by them not showing up to every race. With the no shows we still had decent classes. I say go for it every sunday series  race, and maybe weds night "last man standing" or somthing. Im working my schedule to where im free to race either days. ( thats dedication) I want to get pro level so that means more races not just practicing. Soon id like to travel for bigger events. But after day in and day out of research for my truck and future trucks, we have a really sweet facility decent dirt but a rad layout from the start. Where im watching big races on half the size of ours, including jumps. Not directing this to anyone personal but theres too many critics not enough pros. Im anxious to get in another race. So lets start this soon..
    On a side note could we maybe get a wall ride on the new layout. If no one thinks thats fun, you can all suck a fart out my ass.... lol
    Oooooo maybe some plaques. I like to show off, if no one already noticed.
  11. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Well, this is just my personal thoughts on the matter, so take that for what it's worth. I think every-other-weekend can work, but the problem is that racing now has a set schedule rather than just being an every-weekend thing. So, if something comes up and you've got to (heaven forbid) do real-life stuff on one of the scheduled race days then you can only make one race day that whole month. I'd rather miss a day and get 3 in than miss a day and get one in. My 2 cents.

[quote author=chaseloc101 link=topic=3259.msg19520#msg19520 date=1374556791]
    On a side note could we maybe get a wall ride on the new layout. If no one thinks thats fun, you can all suck a fart out my ass.... lol
    [/quote]

I don't know about a wall-ride but I still really, really want to see that corner tabletop get scooped out and turned into a 180-degree berm built into the wall.