1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

My new E-revo

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by deven, Feb 19, 2014.

1. deven

deven Registered

Just finally got myself a full size e-revo. I finally got to run it a little today had to wait on my lipo charger.

I figured id share a couple pictures with you guys and if anyone has any tips or suggestions I would like to hear from you. It was brushed and it was converted to brushless it has the trackstar 150A esc and the 2650kv motor so unfortunately its not water proof and I got me a couple turnigy lipos one 2s and a 3s both 4000mah so far im into it for around 550 does that sound like a decent number for a brushless e-revo? that also includes an imax charger and a lipo cell tester and a few other little things here and there.

Attached Files:

2. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I would say your on the high end of fair but that don't really matter as long as your happy with it I say good score enjoy
    would
  3. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

i try not to look at how much ive spent on RC stuff. i do keep a tab on everything i buy and record everything in my book that i do to it, and the total is huge. im over 35oo into my 5T so far, and i havent finished this motor yet. i could buy a nice 1:1 car for that much. there is no set price for awesome though, its all pennies to me when i take it out to the dunes and i get that big fat grin from ear to ear listening to a built two-stroke throw roostertails of sand at 50mph.....its all about what makes you happy :)
  4. deven

deven Registered

Thanks it does have the aftermarket tires and wheels and all rpm arms so a couple upgrades. Ive read good and bad about the turnigy trackstar stuff I know a lot of guys dont like them because the design is pretty much a copy of castles stuff but the way im looking at it is if it breaks it will be cheaper to replace.

Dr.W your 5T sounds awesome I was looking at one of those when I bought my revo it was a little out of my budget but still obtainable but the part that made me go with this is it was also in washington so thats a long drive on top of being a little out of my budget and the revo was rite in grants pass and a bit below my budget. I agree with you I had a little buyers remorse but its all worth it when you get out there and do some bashing I cant wait for some dry weather to get out there and rip up some dirt so far ive only ran it on the pavement.
  5. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

i got to play with a 3.3 nitro revo on pavement, that thing was fasst! it was a 2-speed too if i remember correctly. nothing like hearing that second gear kick in! revo's are badass! id love a brushless one to play with around the yard when i cant take Sandy out. im thinkin about an associated sc10, i love the scale baja truck look too :cool:
  6. deven

deven Registered

Yes they are 2 speed well the nitro ones are the electric revos are just 1 speed. So far its an awesome truck I was thinking about pulling the motor and esc out and putting it in my rustler and see what kind of speed I can get out of it
  7. deven

deven Registered

Well I finally got to get out and run my revo a little in the driveway and after about 2 minutes of running my esc fried. my batteries were only at 67% $550 to run less than half of the battery packs sucks. If anyone has a good cheap esc I might be interested in it. Or I might even just sell the whole thing and maybe go to helis
  8. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

i remember the first day out with my brand new 5T. i broke a swingarm less than halfway into my second tank of fuel, and packed up and went home sad. but thats RC. you play, you break, you upgrade, you play some more :) fixing them is half the fun!
  9. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Dang that's a bummer but hey it happens I don't think I would throw in the towel though esc arnt hard to replace or all that expensive either in fact check em out on eBay there's esc's for every budget and skill level you will want to do some research before you buy though there no shortage of junk either good luck again sorry you didn't get to play more before you have to spend more oh if you were to sell it the way it sits be prepared to loss a bundle it's hard to get 150 out of a broken RC car might find a buyer in the 75-100 range so i say your in it to deep to cash out at this point fix it and get your money's worth with grins just my 2c

10. deven

deven Registered

Yea at 150 or even under 300 I would just throw it in the closet and let it sit there lol its just irritating but I guess thats what I get for buying used off of craigslist im really kicking myself in the butt I had a guy offer me a limited edition snap-on e-revo for what I have into this one and it probably would have lasted more than one run.
  11. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I do a lot of buying and selling RC play toys and some days ya come out about evan and others not so good but I get to play with them in the mean time fact is I probably lose money on most some I lose big most I almost break evan but I'm having fun and that really what it's about just watch Craigslist and the forums you will find the right deal on a esc or another revo the wife says I think they are Doritos I can't have just one
  12. deven

deven Registered

Lol thats a pretty good way to describe them. I guess im just too poor for this hobby anymore and I work full time as a computer tech. I had the little mini e-revo in my avatar there that thing was well worth the money it ran for about a year before the esc went poof on it too maybe I should just go back to nitro no esc lol
  13. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I've got mostly nitro and most of my electrics are brushed nimh as I too am not wealthy I'm a self employed mechanic and although I've never had a revo mini or otherwise I do have the sister to the revo I have the mini summit and the 1/10 summit and love them both but the mini is hands down the best bang for the buck and the most reliable if you decide your in the market for some nitro power I have one or two I could part with just pm me
  14. deven

deven Registered

Nice I like the summit too but I have never owned one. I had a savage 25 that thing was a really good nitro truck I even ran it in the snow I know nitro and snow dont usually get along I ended up trading it for my mini revo the mini was pretty much new I was happy with the deal. but hands down the savage ran better than any traxxas I have ever owned.
  15. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I have had many way to much to count tmaxx's but right now I have 2 3.3 tmaxx's and 3 savages 2 25 and one unknown that has the 3spd trans and a Mach 28 lots of alum upgrades it is a beast wheely's in 1 and2 gear at will I'm a old school nitro head I know brushless is faster but don't care I'll keep running nitro it adds somthing that elec don't I love the sound the smell and how when that little engine is pulling for all it's worth I almost get wood know what I mean
  16. deven

deven Registered

Nice sounds like you got quite the collection going I dont think ive had more than 3 at one time but only 2 of them ran, I had a revo 3.3 my mini revo and a little rustler I still have the rustler well I do also have a power wheels car I made RC for my daughter she loves it but I need to figure out some suspension for it and maybe rubber tires.
  17. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

For rubber tires on a power wheels I've seen people glue pieces of bycycle tires on good luck on the suspension though yep in addition to the previous mentioned iv got a lst a mgt and b8 and a t8 then there's the nitro boats I've got several of those too
  18. deven

deven Registered

Ive had a mgt it was a pretty good truck too, got into a little but of a argument with the neighbors with that truck they were rude and stuck up anyway. Ive never had a boat yet ive always kinda been interested in them though. Ive had a few helis too nothing 3d yet but still hobby grade and I have an airplane I cant really fly it though
  19. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I feel you on the plane so far I seems I'm far better at repairing it then flying it I love my boats if you are looking get a nqd tear into jet sprint I have three they are a blast and cheap check it out on YouTube nqd jet brushless two of mine are the only brushless RC I've got the third is in the build stage with a traxxas trx 3.3 that I made water cooled
  20. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Check this out