1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Tracks

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by Independentjrc, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Independentjrc

Independentjrc Registered

Hey guys new to the area looking for tracks or good places to run. I am in Medford just wanting to know where the SO locations are to check them out thanks.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

3. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

If you are looking for a track PBR (poor boy raceway) in gp look at the maps section on this forum! Its a great race track and $ 2/hr or $8/day is an awsome deal with points series races on the weekends its really fun to race there!
  4. Independentjrc

Independentjrc Registered

I will check them both out does the one in Jacksonville have anything indoor or short course? The track on the map looks like a large scale track? It is hard to tell by the picture.
  5. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

don't forget to look over the hill too.  ;D here in Klamath falls we are running full classes of 2wd short course and stadium truck consistently ever other sunday. 4wd sc, and sportsman has been hit or miss depending on numbers, but if there is 3 or more of anything they usually setup a class. (I'm Hoping more folks will show up with electric 8th scale buggies and 4wd sc) It's an Outdoor track with a great layout premium dirt and tons of fun. If you are ever over this way, check us out. Would love to race with you.
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

@dnsducks - If you send me a address or Google map location, I will add the Klamath Falls track to the Oregon map in the link above.
  7. Deerhurst

Deerhurst Registered

I feel like the KFalls track is a little too small for a true 1/8 truck. Ive taken the ERevo on it a couple time and can barely get on the throttle and can barely make half the turns. Im hoping its been updated for bigger stuff since it has been a while since Ive been there. The track that semi recently got shut down just east of Bend was perfect for 1/8 and may have handled 1/5.
  8. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

this is the old layout, but I think the track is in plain site here. Honesty I don't know the address.  can miss it if you drive there via Hwy 97. try this: 20488 Keno Worden Rd. Klamath Falls, Oregon https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en
    sky image is of the old layout.. Image from the road side shows the current layout.

I feel like the KFalls track is a little too small for a true 1/8 truck. Ive taken the ERevo on it a couple time and can barely get on the throttle and can barely make half the turns. Im hoping its been updated for bigger stuff since it has been a while since Ive been there. The track that semi recently got shut down just east of Bend was perfect for 1/8 and may have handled 1/5.
    [/quote]

it is true.. the track is smallish for true 1/8 scales.. I would think for nitro vehicles even more so, as there is shorter straightaways and more corneres than a typical 1/8 scale track has. I think the layout is near ideal for 1/10 scales. With that being said, I have run my electric 1/8 buggy on it without issue. You can't hold on the throttle as long on the straights and have to readjust for over jumping everything.. but it can still be lots of fun. Hoping enough electric 1/8 scales show up so we can all try a no kidding race it at least.
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

Looks like you missed most of the URL.  Can you paste it again?
  10. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

not sure how to make that work. That is the best that I can do. Copy and paste that address into the google maps search and it will come up for you. For whatever reason.. the web address is the same. I am PC-tarded so sorry I can't do more for you..
    20488 Keno Worden Rd. Klamath Falls, Oregon
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

That did the trick.  Check out the map now:

http://southernoregonrc.com/index.php?topic=3329.0

Try zooming in on the track(s).

I just called it "Klamath Falls Track" but if you have a formal name let me know and I will update the title too.
  12. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Was zooming in at the tracks. That klamith one looks huge. But in the middle of nowhere. Looks hot too. I also saw an oval track next to it. Might be fun to see a southern oregon speedway style race..
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

Did you check out the on-road track in florida on the map?  Try zooming in on that one, it looks amazing.
  14. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

that's cool. that will work.
    I also want to point out for those of you who want to see the current layout if you go to google earth and put in the street address above and go street level. (Put the orange man on the road) turn around 180 degrees and you can see the current layout and get a better feel for the track itself.

And yes, shade is in short supply so bring your own.  ;D only saving grace here is we usually have a light breeze and the temps are not quite as sweltering as the Rogue Valley.
    Hope to see some of you soon. Racing this sunday and every other sunday after that.
    Come and check us out!
    D
  15. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

@GPS-- I think we are going to go with "Roadrunner's Raceway" if you want to make it official  ;D

@chase- as far as location is concerned.. yeah it is kind of "out there" a ways... the benefits to that are that we don't have to worry about aspiring BMXers ripping things up, and our overhead for the spot is REAL cheap (free).
    Thank you gracious landowners. ;)

As far as nearby services.. there is a gas station / convenience just off of HWY 97 as you are coming in, with a Pretty decent restaurant right next door. Cinders Cafe, Grub is good from what I hear..?
    If breaking is a concern and parts availability, that is a moot point here: the hobby shop is in town and closed sundays anyway. and chances are they don't have it in stock, so you best bring a some spares. Most folks will be glad to loan you what you need to get you through regardless.

here is the most recent layout
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=20488+Keno+Worden+Rd.+Klamath+Falls,+Oregon&hl=en&ll=42.039834,-121.873995&spn=0.000524,0.001321&sll=42.039941,-121.873925&layer=c&cbp=13,130.11,,0,0&cbll=42.039927,-121.873915&hnear=20488+Keno+Worden+Rd,+Klamath+Falls,+Oregon+97603&t=h&z=20&panoid=qhoMerCPR_EyeVj8YbBRWg
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

Added "Roadrunner's Raceway" title.  Check it out and let me know if I can make any further changes or additions for you.
  17. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Looks like (roughly) the same design as the last couple years. Any changes or additions that I'm not seeing?
  18. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Sounds fun. Any power? Or do we charge from our cars. Id like to carpool a couple buddies out there, would be a blast. Are going to post event time and dates on the calendar?
  19. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

thanks GPS. that is all I can think of for now..  It just nice to know we are officially "on the map" now. ;)

@ nex -  no, you are right. It is pretty much the same layout as last year.. most of the changes occurred to the "feature" Jumps after the first corner. I think the "speed bump" at the end of first corner has been removed as well. for the feature jumps,  a Double single double is in place of the step on step off then double or whatever it was last year. the rest of the track is pretty much unchanged. I think the lead up to the table top in the back may be slightly different to but I can honestly remember. overall it seems to flow really well and it's not at all difficult to get into a rhythm. So far folks have been pretty happy with the layout so I think that is why there was no major renovations this year.

@ Chase -no, no power... going to have charge from your car. I have the next race posted on the calendar, the 28th July. I will put more up after I talk with steve and get a good idea of what the rest of our season is going to look like in case I am not thinking of a sunday that may be a no go. But for the most part, just figure every other sunday from this one.. I will get the calendar updated within to reflect the rest of the season, so no one has to guess anymore.
    you should pile in with some of your racing bros and head over! it kind of a scenic drive at least. :) look forward to meeting and racing with you!
  20. GPS

GPS Registered

No problem.  Let me know if you think of any other tracks that are not on the map and I'll add them also.