1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Lipo Review

Discussion in 'Electronics and Electrical' started by Flora, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Flora

Flora Registered

I bought Gens ace 2s 5000mah lipo and it’s really a great pack. Works exactly as I expected. Came with a good storage charge and took a charge immediately. Has performed well so far (about 3 weeks, maybe ten charge/discharge cycles). My only issue is with the location of the balance plug input. It is easy to miss if you don't know about batteries with this style plug. There are actually three female bullet connectors - the two obvious large ones at the corners and a smaller one for the balance plug to pick the second cell voltage. That small one is smack in the middle of the pack, which is right where most battery hold downs go. So, you can't use a lipo alarm because you have to unplug the small lead to put the battery strap on. I am also concerned about the constant plugging and unplugging of the wire as it will possibly loosen the plug or break the wire. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERY - it is exactly as it was represented. It was my fault for missing it. Just want to make sure that you are aware of this and to make sure it will work with your application. Gens Ace makes another pack with the same specs, but the wires come out the end and are permanently attached. I have that one as well. It also has been working flawlessly and tends to work a little easier in my application. Would recommend either battery to anyone, just make sure you know which style plug will work best for your application.
    GPS likes this.