1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Just outta curioisity....

Discussion in 'Power Boats' started by goldhellian89, May 1, 2012.

1. goldhellian89

goldhellian89 Registered

Been looking at boats and was wondering....what happens when they flip? Are they ruined? Is electric better than nitro? Open to all opinions and suggestions.... Thanks
  2. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

I sank my brushless helicopter completely in a deep mud puddle, Rx, ESC, Motor, Flight computer, servos, tail gyro. Took it home, blew it off with air compressor, sat it near a heat vent for 3 days. Installed battery and flew like a dream, later I found a little bit of rust on some shafts and bearings, but nothing serious.
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

I use waterproof servos in my boats and wrap the Rx in a baloon. When they flip, they get wet. Preventive measures go a long way toward keeping your equipment working properly. Electric or nitro? A matter of preferrence. I know you're big on the Velineon systems - a great choice for a boat when used with a water cooling jacket. I use a Tacon in my little jet boat and LOVE it!!! My hydro has a Dynamite .18 in it (only because I haven't yet made the conversion to electric) and it runs fine, although noisy and messy. I find that the best bang for the buck is a cheap Chineese boat, rip out the guts, and replace it all with cheap Chineese brushless setups! I letterally have less than $100 into my little brushless jet boat and it's the most fun in the water!
    Good luck with your new RC interest!!!!
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    WD-40 is a well know water displacement spray ;)
  5. GPBill

GPBill Registered

A lot of folks are using CorrosionX for sealing water out.