1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Innov8tive Designs - New Quadcopter Frames

Discussion in 'News' started by GPS, Jan 6, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

Next Level Multi-Rotor frames are designed to be used in a wide variety of applications, and are built to stand up to the rigors of everyday flying. We use high quality components in our frames, such as CNC cut fiberglass reinforced FR4 board for the Center Body, Motor Mounts and Legs, high-strength extruded aluminum alloy tubes for the Frame Arms, threaded aluminum stand-offs and stainless steel hardware for strength and corrosion resistance. These components work together to create a rugged assembly that will withstand even the most demanding commercial or industrial uses for many years.

To compliment the new Next Level Multi-Rotor frames, a complete line of optional parts are available including shock absorbing landing gear kits, larger motor mounts, camera mounts, battery mounting plates and cover plates. This allows each user to customize their frame to meet their exact needs. The modular design of these frames allows for endless configuration and upgrade possibilities, so they will never become obsolete.

Read more and see some photos via the source links.

Source:

Next Level 500mm Quad-Copter Kit - [NL-500-Q] - $129.99:
    http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/product_info.php?cPath=125&products_id=936

Next Level 650mm Quad-Copter Kit - [NL-650-Q] - $149.99:
    http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/product_info.php?cPath=125&products_id=937
  2. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    hehe, what I like about this airframe is the fact it looks real easy to copy (DiY) even the shock setup looks easy enough to duplicate. Although I don't think with their mass-production pricing backing them I don't think I could build it cheaper. It does give me idea's though ;) Anyway YES I like
  3. Bret

Bret Registered

Been looking at these a lot lately. I have a goproHD and like making videos as a hobby.

This is a setup I am considering

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOTuytlbk64[/youtube]
  4. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Have a look at rcexplorer tricopter V2.5, a few of us here are planning to build some of those this spring. I think it is about as cheap as you can get, and fly really well. A lot of people claim that the tricopter concept is more stable than a quad, but I have not flown one myself.
  5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Great video!  Wish I had the guts to do that.  All I think about when I watch these things is my quad in the top of one of those trees a mile away.  :)

...Tiger
  6. w00d

w00d Registered

Following PP's POST and recommendation (thanks) I found teh relatively EASY to follow build thread --->Which is using the HobbyKing (HK) Controller --->And I'm so very HAPPY dudes the HK-Controller is running the ATMega 328 and only because you(s) and I know this chip ... Well the COST of setting up or even "modifying" the code is already in place for smea as I already have what I need. So I don't need to spend, w00t. The HK-Controller comes w/ the QUAD firmware stock but for the TRI build the firmware will need to be flashed. Anywayz for the TRI: How-to change the Firmware --->Thanks Guys as this rounds out ALL the INFO I will need so I thought for our Searcher'n Lurkers ;)
        [shadow=Orange,left]w00d[/shadow]

EDIT: for the pritty pic, who just can't resist posting a pritty pic

[​IMG]
  7. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Are you thinking about building one of these wood?
  8. w00d

w00d Registered

Yes I have been thinking or researching QUADS for quite some time. {LOL} Almost dropped the CASH on a $500 bird 4 or 5 month back but came up short of cash. NOW I'm VERY glad I didn't have the money as the more I learned it became apparent to me that DIY is the route I want to take ;)
  9. Bret

Bret Registered

Wow, I read the thread on how to build the V2.5 and added up the entire list of parts. I came to $180 with out shipping. That will be the perfect copter for me to start with. cheap and easy to fix. I love the zip tie design.

Very impressive video produced with this copter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v3KDzu_by4&feature=related[/youtube]
  10. Tiger

Tiger Registered

wOOd - Not that it matters much, but the HK board does not have the 328 chip installed.  You could install the 328 if you really needed the code space, but I can't imagine you do.  HK is selling two versions of the board.  The one you linked to is the 168 chip and the other is the older board with the 48.  It's not hard to upgrade the older board if you have one.  I just bought the 168 chips from DigiKey ($4).

...Tiger
  11. w00d

w00d Registered

Whoops your right, the PIC shows it being 328 but the Specs show it being 168 ...  :-[

EDIT - The After Thought: Lesson learned over the morning Joe - Never take your FACTS from the photo, always take from the "Specifications" Do'h
  12. w00d

w00d Registered

Yes this also is what impressed me as it was the PRICE at which we can build these things and the simplicity of the design, yup the ZIP Ties {LOL} ... Meh, for just some relatively cheap parts, 4 x ESC's, 4 x Motors, a LiPo and teh Controller "stuck" onto/into an homemade airframe and we can be UP flying in NO time

... But the "scalability" is also remarkable given the SIZE of motor we can use, I mean were NOT limited by the size of motor [​IMG]

I am thinking BIG, thinking of swinging one of the larger blades, probably 10" or maybe more ... This is the CAM that is going flying, my Sony DSC-H9 ... hehe, although I wouldn't let that limit my options as I just like BIG no matter if needed or NOT, jus WANT it

[shadow=Orange,left]w00d[/shadow]