1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Y'all, there's a new moderator in town...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golden Child, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Hey everyone, my name is Mike. I've just been given the responsibility of moderating this site. My philosophy is simple - have fun, share the fun. I have no interest in censoring posts so long as they don't bash others and are kept clean in language and in form. I have no ownership in this site. I am just a regular user the same as all of you, volunteering my time to help grow the site in a safe, fun, and responsible manner for everyone to enjoy and share their interests in the RC hobby.
    My personal interests in RC are planes, off-road, and boats - in that order. I use electric power because it's simple, clean, and quiet. I am a member of the AMA (http://www.modelaircraft.org/), and the Rogue Valley Flyers (http://roguevalleyflyers.com/Home.html), and I have to tell you, I don't really know what Off Road Racing and "bashing" is exactly - anyone care to fill me in?
    Anyway, I'm here to help the site, and in doing so, help to maintain it as a safe, fun place for members to share their passion.
    I fly most Sundays at Redwood School in Grants Pass and can be found at the Josephine Skypark during RVF events. Hope to see you all out there!
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Hi Mike,

It was great to meet you this morning at the flying field.  Thanks for showing and demonstrating your airplanes for me.  I learned a lot today.
    I am planning to attend your meeting on Wednesday and look forward to seeing you again.

Congratulations on the moderator position!
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, John, great meeting you as well. Looking forward to bringing some new interest to this site. See you Wednesday!