1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

hello blade 450x just wont to know

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by 541crash, Mar 31, 2012.

1. 541crash

541crash Registered

where you heli pilots fly need some one to fly with could use some tips with cp and 3d got lots of questions.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

There is a weekly fun-fly at the Redwood school. See the calendar for more details. The school is here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.42...36,-123.38993&sspn=0.003876,0.005118&t=h&z=17

The best place to fly is on Spalding here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.43...3.286439&spn=0.007753,0.010235&num=1&t=h&z=17

The weekly fun-fly is every Sunday weather permitting. People show up at Spalding all the time and you can organize a meetup here by posting when you want to go.

Have you flown helicopters before or is this your first one?
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  3. 541crash

541crash Registered

i have flown helis in the past had a saber never flue right then recently bot a blade 120 sr and was amazed with how stable it was always wanted to try cp so i got the 450x its so stable i could not believe how well it fly's programing was confusing so much more to learn have dx6i.had 6 flights before pilot error tail boom wasted, rebuild. have some questions about throw in the tail servo,tho curve,pitch curve,just need to tame it down a little. neg pitch is weird not used to it.so i sold the 120 and got the mpcxv2 on its way maybe Monday.cheaper to fix.just need some hands on advice and some heli friends.  mcx2glowinthe dark mods,mpcxv2,450x,sabber2inashoebox. i live in white city is there any  over here
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Quickest and easiest way to tame down your 450 is with Fly-bar Weights and to add about 20% EXPO into your Tx

If you don't have EXPO although most radios do you can do the same thing on your pitch-curve as shown in the following pic, it's basically what EXPO does for you except you have to enter the numbers manually. It slows the servos down around mid stick ;)

[​IMG]
  5. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

You have the new 450X?

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=BLH4380

I wish I would have got one of those, thing looks sooo nice. I have the 450 3D from last year and the X wasn't available then. As Wood said you can put a little bit of Expo in there, but not too much. For now in normal mode a linear pitch/throttle curve will get you by. But if you want to get into autorotations then some adjustments may be needed.

I am in Grants Pass and there are a few other heli guys over this way too. We can try to help however we can.
  6. 541crash

541crash Registered

the 450x has no fly bar i have expo its the next thing to learn about just figerd out exactly how curves work.now what is expo exactly? don't want to change it if i don't know what it dose. the 450x is vary fast and it fly's grate as is.expo would be the way to tame her down.then that's what i will research  next.almost ready for flight after rebuild just need to cut carbon rod to fix training gear.whether permitting.mcpx2 will be here today cant wait.[quote author=Pelagic Pilot link=topic=1055.msg7458#msg7458 date=1333221307]
    You have the new 450X?

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=BLH4380

I wish I would have got one of those, thing looks sooo nice. I have the 450 3D from last year and the X wasn't available then. As Wood said you can put a little bit of Expo in there, but not too much. For now in normal mode a linear pitch/throttle curve will get you by. But if you want to get into autorotations then some adjustments may be needed.

I am in Grants Pass and there are a few other heli guys over this way too. We can try to help however we can.
    [/quote] we should hook up some time where do you guys fly at.
  7. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Exponential: The property of a modern radio control transmitter by which the amount of servo movement is varied with regards to the position of the control stick. Total throw is constant, but amount of throw can be varied such that a small stick movement produces very little servo movement, but moving the stick to its limit produces a larger proportional movement of the servo. Expo is used to tame "twitchy" or sensitive aircraft and help with precision flying. To reduce ('soften') the servo movement around the center of servo travel requires positive exponential on JR and Spektrum transmitters, and negative on Futaba

Source - http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Exponential

[hr]
    FYI: Finless BOB's Setup videos - http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Finless_videos
            To download and VIEW the video's will will need to sign-up to Helifreak

[hr]
    NOTE: It's important given your bird is Flybarless that you check your documentation in regards to EXPO. I don't know teh electronics for that heli so it would be best to check what your docs say as there maybe a way to adjust within your AR7200BX ...

... Allot of this kind of adjustment is done electronically within the FBL Controller!

N/M, I found your documentation and your DOC says the EXPO should be SET to the 'default' value of ZERO. It's as I thought cyclic response and/or cyclic adjustments is setup through the AR7200BX

The DOC does mention: If the cyclic response is too slow or too fast
    • Adjust end points to fit your flying style. Refer to your transmitter instruction manual for more information
    • Adjust the Control Behavior Parameter in the AR7200BX to fit your flying style

[hr]
    To adjust the AR7200BX 'Control Behavior'    

[youtube]mW22FDo0_3c[/youtube]

Also, the Dials

[youtube]P3LcvlpmPJg[/youtube]

[hr]
    Hope this helps
          [size=1.1em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow]

[/size]