1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Helicopter PHOTO Gallery and Discussion: Post Yours

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by w00d, Oct 17, 2011.

1. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    [size=1.25em]ALIGN TRex 450sa[/size]
    [size=0.7em]ALIGN Trex 450 at my Photobucket[/size]

The 450SA (now discontinued) was actually an ALIGN 450S that was at the time a special issue by Horizon Hobby. Which basically had English documentation that certainly was easier on the eyes instead of the broken English versions which is typical of ALIGN and their documentation

Out of all my birds the Trex 450 was and still is my favorite! This is the one and only helicopter that's been extensively modified and really luved. For this helicopter and it's Rotors I was going for an ALL CNC (silver aluminum) look. This was to get away from the blue anodizing of ALIGN'S early 450 designs which I disliked with passion

This model, the 450SA when NEW had an ALL plastic Main Rotor and Tail Assembly with a sheet steel frame and boom.
    ... Which I'm sure anyone would agree needed replacing ASAP
    ... but as fate would have it my first CRASH and resulting destruction shorted that question!
    ... 'FATE' hehe, indeed what lovely word {LOL}

[size=1.25em]Parts and Modifications[/size]   
              Fig 1 
      [​IMG]
    * µH - stand in for Microheli.com

Caveat Emptor
    ,  Microheli's products have a reputation of being very "Hit & Miss" and feelings are VERY mixed about this within the 'Heli Community'

This is because some of their products work extremely well where as for others their chosen parts have failed miserably! With Microheli being a 'third party provider' it's always best to get allot of (good) user feed-back before a purchase. Yes, safe to say the Microheli products shown within this thread has proved to work well for me but as suggested I did have allot of very good USER input to help me choose!

** Fanboy - Means I will use nothing else, it means I'm a 'Fanboy' and my mind can't and won't be changed ...
                        See my Avatar "EYE See! VOICE of the O·pin·ion·at·ed"

[hr]
    [size=1.25em]These are teh current photos of my Trex 450
    [/size][size=1em] .[/size][size=0.7em].. Click PICS for larger PICS [/size]

[​IMG]  [size=0.7em][​IMG]    [​IMG]  [/size][size=1em]Fig 2, Fig 3 and Fig 4 [/size]

Fig 5

[​IMG]

Fig 6, the MKS Ds95i Tail Servo

[​IMG]

[hr]
    [size=1.25em]EDIT: Jan 26, 2013 - Just added[/size]

LOL, my TRex on ICE

[​IMG]

TRex 450 in Fancy Dress, CanoMod, Custom Canopy

[​IMG]

Just a resent test flight of the 450, last week to adjust it's GYRO and Tail assembly
    ... and my MSHeli PRÔTOS 500 sitting on top of Computer
    ... and my little eFlite Blade mSR sitting on top of Monitor

[​IMG]

[hr]
    [size=1.25em]EDIT[/size]: Jan 26, 2013 - Added Photos

Thanks for looking
        [acronym=EYE See! To w00d's Photo Musings, my pages][shadow=grey,left][size=1em]w[/size][size=1.25em]00[/size][size=1em]d[/size][/shadow][/acronym]

w00d Registered

Hey my new friends here at Southern Oregon Rc and my old friends GPBill, GPS,
    nexgen who I'm sure some have an helicopter or two, post em up and lets see them

Then you or you or anyone can make something similar for our Cars and maybe a
    similar thread for our Quads and for our Planes & Planks in the respective forums
    of course

This was certainly NOT meant to be MY thread as it's more YOUR or OUR thread ... What's
    the word I'm looking for, a "GALLERY" for showing off OUR works of Rc ART in ONE convenient
    location. Then if we ask nicely we can get GPS to make them a "sticky"

{hehe} Maybe I should have said it this way yesterday, maybe I should have
    posted the request in the FAQ/Suggestion forum but that was my mistake ??
    My hopes and wishes was to make a place(s) for showing off our Rc ...

Thanks for listening
    [glow=blue,2,300]w00d[/glow]
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Good idea w00d.
    Do you want to create them and the initial text like you did here? Then I'll make them sticky.
    Cowabunga!
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

I was hoping the experts in their respective area's would create there own. For example the CAR guys would do theirs and maybe the Quad guru would do there's and the Plane guys would do there's ect ect ect ...

I did the helicopters because helicopters is what I know but that don't mean I'm "the expert" just means in this case I took ownership of one that deals with helicopters. Oh heck even you GPS or your Moderator could create them especially in area's that don't have many people participating

Hope all that made sense
    [glow=blue,2,300]w00d[/glow]
  5. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Okay wOOd.  :)[​IMG]
    And if you would like to see more.

http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/GPBill/Trex%20500/?albumview=slideshow
    http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/GPBill/Trex%20600/?albumview=slideshow
  6. w00d

w00d Registered

Tease ... Some day I'll have me a 600, or maybe you'd like to sell me that one  ;D

EDIT: Hey Bill ... Just looking at your SIG, didn't know you had so many planes
  7. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Yes.  ::)
    I would like a winter project but something has to go to make room, or add on to the house.  :(
  8. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

If you need more room, I think I could probably be persuaded to relieve you of your Airfoilz Bipe ;D Seriously, been wanting one for quite a while now ;D
  9. w00d

w00d Registered

Hi GPBill, NOT to TELL you nor anyone what to do, nor to be pushy in any way but how about listing teh goodies you have in those helicopters? I know you have them really NICE servos you WON {LOL} or dare I say "the ones you almost didn't win". How about telling us all what you got inside those fine looking heli's. P.S: Also curious what's the GP in GPBill mean? I guess it all stands for "Grants Pass Bill" yeah ... {LOL} Wouldn't have figured that out over at teh "other" forum but here I make perfect sense

And now you Mr GPS YodaJones you haven't posted up your BEAM and your 500, nor your little mSR. Lets get em up and lets see em. I know you went out of your way to wire them up nice pretty so it be time to show em off for your friends. I know I'd like to see em again as you did some fine work, so howz about it ?

EDIT: My spelling mistake turned into a BAD word, sorry about that ... Anyhow I fixed it ...
  10. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Grand Pa Bill  ;D

I'll list all the goodies when I have a little more time.
  11. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Okay, here's what makes them fly.

Trex 500CF- Stock motor and ESC, TT tail, Mini V-Bar V5,  Align DS510's Cyclic, w/ Futaba s9650 tail,  Futaba T8FG Tx w/R6106HFC Rx

T-Rex 600ESP- Stock motor, CC Ice 100 ESC, Outrage BL9080 Cyclic  GP750 gyro w/ Outrage BL9188 tail, Futaba R617FS RX 
    Power for the gyro and RX comes from the stock Align BEC, servo wires have been modified to take power directly from flight pack.

I use Mavrikk G5 Pro blades on both helis now and am pretty pleased. They have a nice pop to them too.  :)
  12. GPBill

GPBill Registered

If you need more room, I think I could probably be persuaded to relieve you of your Airfoilz Bipe ;D Seriously, been wanting one for quite a while now ;D
    [/quote]

Now that's a mighty kind offer Golden Child but....  no.

I'll figure out something.  ;)
  13. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Tried to upload but the forum limits image file size. How do you upload such big images here?
  14. GPBill

GPBill Registered

I load all my photos to photobucket then just copy and paste the links.
  15. w00d

w00d Registered

As Bill (Grand Pa Bill) suggested PhotoBucket is a pretty good service, upload your pics then Copy & Paste your links into the forums image TAGs. I use them and a for a mere $3 /month I get the service without ALL the annoying AD's and w/ the paid service they don't compress your photo's which make them a pretty good archival and back-up service. That's not to say Photbucket FREE is no good, if you don't mind the ad's it's alright. Costs nothin to try ...

FYI: [glow=blue,2,300]w00d[/glow]
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

I know, I haven't worked on my helicopters for a while.  Watching the airplane guys is motivating me to get them going again.  I have a couple cars to fix and then I can clear my workbench to make room for the helicopter work and take some photos.  Right now my workbench is cluttered with the materials and tool sets that I need for cars and trucks and I also promised my girl to fix her Traxxas Summit.
  17. Golden Child

Well Bill, it was worth a try ;) Let me know if you change your mind, I always seem to have some extra cash burning holes in my pockets :eek:
  18. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Here ya go, pass this on to Santa.
    They are out of stock at the moment but Christmas is not that far off, at least according so some of our local merchants.  ???
    http://www.3dxhobbies.com/airplane-kits/airfoilz-the-bipe-nx-kit/
  19. w00d

w00d Registered

I know, I haven't worked on my helicopters for a while.  Watching the airplane guys is motivating me to get them going again.  I have a couple cars to fix and then I can clear my workbench to make room for the helicopter work and take some photos.  Right now my workbench is cluttered with the materials and tool sets that I need for cars and trucks and I also promised my girl to fix her Traxxas Summit.
    [/quote]

[RANT] Oh come now Yoda I'm not asking you to WORK on your heli's just POST a few pictures. ALthough I know where your coming from...
    Also look there's more yapping than picture posting and all I want is more picture posting of our beautiful helicopters
    Don't make me get GRUFF on y'all jus beware the Evil-Eyed Avatar to the left {LMAO} J/K (Just/Kidding) [/RANT]

[glow=maroon,2,300]w00d[/glow]

PS: The one thing I have noticed w/ my time at other forums is that Photo-Galleries attract NEW USERS, nuff said!

20. Golden Child

OK, so I just picked up a Hobby King 450 Pro 3D TT RTF with a Spektrum DX6i radio. NOW WHAT ??? I'll have it with me at Redwood School on Sunday. Tiger (or anyone), I sure could use some help!!!
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10901__HK_450TT_PRO_3D_Torque_Tube_Helicopter_Kit_Align_T_Rex_Compat_.html