1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum growth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nopilot, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Nopilot

Nopilot Registered

So before I became a member on this site I shadowed it for awhile. I noticed that there was not a ton of activity but decided to join anyways.

So question for the mods and adminis I guess...
    What are you doing to promote the forum? And are you even wanting it to grow?
    I'm assuming that you would like to see it grow and become more active, hence the ad on Craigslist.

Just curious. Maybe I could offer some suggestions.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

This forum has always had ups and downs in activity. People come and go in this hobby and also their tastes change. Some people used to be into surface stuff and are now into flying or vice versa. Changes in model genre preference can result in different venues.
    Life also happens and people don't get to, or can't, participate in their hobbies.

To answer your question I think the only promotional efforts we are doing now is Craigslist. Of course it would be nice to see it grow, we built it to be used. The intent was to offer a place where local's could actually meet and get together to share their hobby with other like minded folks.
  3. Nopilot

Nopilot Registered

Yeah local forums will have ups and downs. Just coming from the last local forum we took it from a handful of guys to thousands of members and hundreds of active members posting daily. It took some time and effort but it was fun.