1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Flite Test : RV JET (FPV Flying Wing)

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by GPS, Sep 22, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

That thing is so cool looking. I'd love to have it for everyday flying. As soon as I win the lottery!

...Tiger
  3. LEM504

LEM504 Registered

I seem to have been infected with the “Flying Wing Disease.”
    The real danger begins when I see something newer, or different, and have a bit of change in the pocket. Two words come to mind. Impulsive and Stupid.
    This video was a real challenge, but I think I’m past the critical stage and haven’t pushed the “Buy Button.”
    It looks like the RV Jet has just about everything I had in mind, when the Wing Obsession began.
    I like the pivoting camera.
    Next on my list, is the idea of being able to break it down and transport in the original box.
    The best idea, is the removable wing sections. Slow, time in the air, and kicked back video. Take them out, and fun hot stuff.
    The video doesn’t come close to Multi -Rotor, but I have that base covered.
    This thing started with a couple of 48 inch foam wings. Just stick a receiver and battery in, and fly. Ducked fan. Fun to fly, could be hacked for camera,
    but won’t bother. No worry about loosing fingers in the prop.
    Next came the Skywalker X-8. Not a bad idea, but it reminds me of an Elephant in a Tea Shop. It does break down, but requires a rather large box to haul in a small car. The compartment in the fuse is bad overkill.
    Fill it with goodies, and there room left over for the shaving kit and a small suitcase.
    The Grimm Reaper came along. This thing will get used! Not a thing of beauty, but tough! It should bounce off rocks and keep on ticking.
    Need a hole for something? Just cut a hole in the foam where you need it.
    That simple.
    On the down side. It doesn’t break down - rather large and won’t go into my little car without the passenger seat jammed against the windshield.
    Take your pick. They all do about the same thing.
    One last note. All of the bigger ones are a task to launch. Pusher prop in the back.
    The kids in the videos, just grab them by the wing tip and flip them into the air. Wasn’t that easy for me.
    I had a better idea - bumped the throttle and spent the next eight weeks with a cast on the hand. Still have
    All five fingers, but one is just for looks.
    They will HURT YOU!
    Somewhere in the fine print of the larger wings, they recommend a bungee launcher. I built a simple one with plastic pipe and it works great-
    More junk to haul, but I won’t leave home without it --
    Larry