1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

ESC Issue's

Discussion in 'On Road' started by means2k, Oct 2, 2011.

1. means2k

means2k Registered

Hey everyone,  I purchased a Traxxas Velineon brushless setup for my TC4 a few months back.  I got everything installed and my issue is that it won't run on my Venom 3s lipo pack but it does fine with the 2s pack.  It is supposed to be able to run 3s so I'm confused as to what the problem is.  I use the same 3s pack in other vehicles and it works fine.  Any idea's?
  2. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

When you say it doesn't run off it what exactly does it do or not do? Is it slow moving or it doesn't arm at all?
  3. means2k

means2k Registered

Just figured it out, thanks for the reply : )
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

What was it?  You're keeping us in suspense.  :)
  5. means2k

means2k Registered

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure.  I think there may have been a connection issue and I must have fixed it when I re-wired everything last time.  It would come on and instantly shut off.  It didn't make any difference if I wiggled the wiring around so I figured something wasn't right, it worked every time with the smaller battery.  I read up on how to set the esc up and did so with the 2s.  I just tried it with the 3s and it worked so go figure.  Darn Gremlins lol.
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

Have you got that TC4 running?  If so and if you have some time, bring it out to the school tomorrow.