1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Dope layout!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Drift Cars' started by chaseloc101, Sep 23, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

How do you think they are able to drift slow like that? Is it because they are on carpet instead of asphalt or concrete?
  2. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Probably just their set up. I notice more friction and resistance on carpet. But on concrete I can get drifts fast and slow. With alot more control. But thatsvjust me maybe.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Have you noticed that a lot of European surface RC runs on carpet? Even their EOS off road series run on carpet. Not very off-road-ish in my mind, but I bet the car maintenance and cleanup is easier.
  4. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Oh yeah!! Carpet definitely saves on drift tires for sure. And I bet it would be nice on an of road track as well. Sometimes cleaning up the dust and dirt isn't as fun as it used to be, but more like a chore now... how ever I did come acrossed a product that shines and protect my cars from dirt and dust. Still shines after a day at the track. Works great for the bodies too. I might test it on some tires too. ... im starting to pile up some spares...
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Don't you find it strange that they run a lot on carpet yet still call it Off Road racing? Because the Off Road courses, at least the championships, are on carpet I've noticed that they are less, for lack of a better expression, three dimensional. For example the corners are often flat and the whoops are also more like bumps in a otherwise flat track.

I bet they get faster speeds on carpet though so maybe that is what they are going for over there.
  6. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Well they get a lot of rain so im sure that has something to do with it. They do seem to know what their doing with cars. Rc or 1:1 maybe its only a matter of time before we use it too..
  7. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

ok man well just let me know whats going on and if you dont move i think we would be good with the idea we talked about sunday!!
  8. RCNewGuy

RCNewGuy Registered

Hey guys I'm part of the Buku crew on the other thred and I'm moving to GP this weekend it would be cool if I could get in on this track build
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

That makes sense about the rainy weather. Maybe indoor off-road carpet tracks will catch on over here someday.
  10. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Hey you can catch chase on sunday out at the race track but if his job has him move it will just be me and you but as of right now i dont have a drifter but i will get one soon!!
  11. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

The more the marier.... ill be at pbr raceway tomarrow untill 6 ish. My plan is to build the drift course there to draw in a larger drifting crowd. My vison is much like the koren course, which im sure you've seen the vids.
    And richard I got the job and im staying intown for now.... though I might have to sacrifice some race days. Drifting is 24/7. Ill be moving to a new house as well in the next month, and anyone who knows me knows ill be putting in a drift and scaler course. And going bigger on the putting green..lol
  12. GPS

GPS Registered

Will your drift track be indoors or outdoors? That last one you made was great but the rain got to it.
  13. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Either way it will be concrete. I would rather keep it outside more designated just for drifting. Indoors wouldn't be able to scale it out and make it look pretty, and it also gets pretty dusty from blowing off the track... still all just thoughts...
  14. GPS

GPS Registered

Oh, I mis-read your earlier post and thought you were making it at home. Are you thinking to make it flat or have elevations like the Korean's track?
  15. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I would like to get like the Korean track......There's is mostly flat too just that one coner is lifted up. I'll have something at home too. Just not that crazy. Well untill I find a home with a basement. .
  16. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Well chase I will start getting some 2x4's from work to help with the build of the track!! Im glad you got the job will be way better for you and your family!! also if you need any help moving bro just hit me up!!! I will be there!! Also let me know when you wanna start working on the track and if i get a little bit of slow time i will come down and help!! I've been working 50+ hr/wk lately!!!
  17. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Cool cool bro thx.
  18. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

well man if you wanna build a little something outside at pbr i got alot of 2x4's now just let me know!!
  19. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

For sure. Hold on to em for a bit. U gotta check out my new house after we move in. So many spots to put in a course. I have alot more property and permission to make my playland. Yay!!
  20. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Nice man!! hit me up on the cell-ey if you need some extra help moving!!!
    chaseloc101 likes this.