1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t mind the helicopters, it’s just practice, Miami-Dade police say

Discussion in 'News' started by GPS, Jan 29, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9ioCbqJCU[/youtube]

Read more and see photos via the source link.

Source (The Miami Herald):
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/21/3193887/dont-mind-the-helicopters-its.html

These actions seems to going on on a larger scale because other areas are also reporting them:

Army drill scares residents on Houston's south side

Read more and see photos via the source link.

Source (HOUSTON (KTRK)):
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8971311
  2. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Getting ready for war looks like there planning a defense.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Maybe they are practicing how they plan to take our guns away.
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    LMAO, well ain't that the role or the whole reason for having a 'military' !?!
    ... That's what THEY DO, eliminate the 'GUN' and it's 'Shooter' {insert shrug here} for the 'GREATER GOOD'

HEY: anyone see the 'farce' on the Movie Channels by Oliver Stone, 'The Untold History of the United States'
  5. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Seems like the government is getting ready for civil war to me, have been hearing stories about generals being asked to fire upon American citizens? And if refusing being retired?
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

I've heard similar things and also about some kind of "camps" being built by "home security".  Is this that new world order they've been promising?
  7. w00d

w00d Registered

Homestead Air force base, home of 50th Area Support Group, Florida Army National Guard is just south of Miami and if they needed to practice urban tactics above a well populated area Miami would be the nearest place to go.
  8. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Don't you think that if this was the good thing it's supposed to be that they could have announced it the day before rather than terrifying the people and waiting for them to call 911?  I mean really... We're talking about black helo's and machine gun fire on main street! 

What I find most interesting is that this is happening on a national scale.  It's not just the few places mentioned here.  It's happening in Portland for that matter.  I got an email from a guy up there yesterday saying the same frightening stuff was going on there.  I'm wondering why the press isn't reporting this more or asking someone some pointed questions.  It's being played down for some reason.  Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for sure.  One thing is clear for sure.  This "training" doesn't have anything to do with operations outside the country.

...Tiger
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

I agree.  This is some seriously underhanded terrorism crap.  Imagine how much these schmucks would get their panties in a bunch if we decided to buzz their homes or DC offices.  I bet the press would run with that news.
  10. w00d

w00d Registered

LOL, I don't think bureaucrats are in general what we could call the brightest cats when comes to making wise decisions about what they do! Although I do agree 'they' should have informed the public before hand as common sense would dictate. Nevertheless I would rather think it's as they say, it was simply a military training exercise and the result of a bureaucratic SNAFU over a government conspiracy bent on the total domination of it's people on the scale of George Orwell's 1984!

Ps: Also please accept my apology given I'm not an American citizen? I'm trying to keep my opinions about your government and the country's politics to myself. I don't feel voicing my opinions are appropriate here because I'm NOT a citizen of the U.S and this forum is based in the U.S  ;)