1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know much about the "robitronic" lap counter system?

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by yreka rc, Apr 12, 2012.

1. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

This is the system i am planning on ordering for my indoor track, and was curious if anyone had any input about them?
  2. tuff truck racer

tuff truck racer Registered

Here in Klamath we have this system http://www.rclapcounter.com/index.html and it seems to work well so far!
  3. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Kool, thanks for the reply. Im still tryin to figure out which one to go with, but its nice to have options.  Has anyone in klamath tried a AMB transponder with your system yet?
  4. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Out of curiosity, why was this system not used during last season's off-road?
  5. tuff truck racer

we just got it at the start of our indoor season, and it does NOT work with amb. The club will have rental units for outdoors or you can purchase one from the club ( or elsewhere )
  6. Nexus

Nexus Registered

This is cool. I'm all for electronic lap counting! Nothing wrong with paper counting, but this will be super-nice!
  7. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Depending on the level of drivers in a field paper counting will not suffice, if you can stick with AMB, I know there costly and I realize that others are less expensive, but look at most of the guys that run.  We have AMB's already in our rig.  It would be a pain switching them out back and forth and most counting systems aren't as accurate as AMB and as it was last year we had a few guys that were within a tenth of a second of each other racing.  Your not going to catch that on paper.
  8. Nexus

Nexus Registered

All of that is very true, but nobody here (to my knowledge) is racing for a national title. I just race for the fun, not to count the tenths of a second.  ;)
  9. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

None of us race for national titles either, but you can't hand count cars that are lapping a track in the low 40's and having constant battles for podium.  Also you really can't expect an enthusiast who just spent $315 on new AMB transponders (I'm using myself as an example here) to go out and buy another brand that they must swap back and forth to along with the added expense.
  10. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

The transponders at my track will be robitronic and i will be paying for them. Luckily if anyone wants to buy they're own, they are only $40. Also since my track carpet, ppl can leave they're receiver covers off. Not sure if i will even pull ppl from outta town to run my track, but they will be house transponders here. I put up a few pics in a different post if you guys wanna take a look
  11. tuff truck racer

Our club has 10 house transponders that are available to rent, we probably have close to 50+ personal transponders in use.
    This system is easy to use and seems to work well. Tech service is outstanding, and when the club orders transponders on a monday they are here before racing on sat.
    Transponders are very small and easy to mount.
    You should come to one of our races and check our system out before you buy one?
    We are racing carpet indoors tonight 8)
  12. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Wont be able to make it tonight ...... what do you run on your indoor track? Is it a road course carpet track or off rd track? And what cars do you race on it?
  13. tuff truck racer

carpet road course, track changes for each race, (club rents a church gym) we run 1/18th scale mini t style car class, 1/12th scale pan cars, 1/10 stadium, 1/10 touring, and 1/10th short course, and a "sportsman" beginner class that's almost a run what you brung lol
    Pretty sure this is the last indoor race for the season for us
  14. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Do you gave any pics off your off rd track? Would like to check it out and show my guys