1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

CCD HD No Jello

Discussion in 'AP/FPV' started by Pelagic Pilot, May 20, 2013.

1. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Wow!  It even has automatic smile and blink detection.  That could be really handy.  :)

...Tiger
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Tyson - Have you actually looked to see if that camera can output composite video while it's recording?  Sure be sweet if it works.  I'm wondering if it's just a "playback" option.

...Tiger
  3. Tiger

Tiger Registered

I just found my answer!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trjw View Post
    Hi folks,

Just confirming, those flying FPV with the A2200 you are using the AV out for FPV feed as well as video recording, is that correct?

Do you power the camera from its internal source? Or, are you also providing external power, and if so from the flight battery or an independent video battery?

What sort of battery life do you see in this AV out + record mode?

Answer:

The A2200 is brilliant. I have mine stripped down, so it has no screen/case/e.t.c, and I power it it from a 5v source (I power it from the 5v output on my TX but you can use the BEC voltage as well). I just soldered wires to the little springs that the battery touched.

the video output is exactly what you would see on the LCD, which is pretty handy because you can navigate the camera menus with the goggles on. I just power mine from the flight battery, so no idea on battery life, but it would be negligible next to the 20 amp motor...

I just turn it on, check the focus is close to infinity, hit record and then throw it up. it's nice having the same camera do the video feed and high def recording.
  4. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Correct, it does it all as far as I can tell, the little screen on the camera turns off when you plug a cable into it, then all the camera OSD stuff shows up on my little TV. Never thought of stripping it down and external power, but that would really cut down on the weight and size I suppose. Zoom while flying is almost useless, really does not help with anything other than look like your going a 100 times faster than you really are.

While shooting in HD my 4Gb card is only good for 23 minutes of video, will get an 8 Gb someday. The camera is really small when held in your hands vs the close up product images you see online. Was very surprised for all that it does. There is also a button to minimize the amount of camera OSD info that is displayed.
  5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

I was in Staples yesterday and see they have the A2200 for $79.  I went to the Canon site to get more details and see it's been discontinued.  Sweet deal right now.  I'm thinking of picking one up to play with.

...Tiger
  6. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

wow, I paid $83 and had to wait a week. Yes it's an older camera, thus the cheaper price. But also the CCD style is getting harder to find, everyone is going CMOS anymore.
  7. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

But the underwater case will set you back...

:eek:

http://www.amazon.com/Ikelite-Underwater-Housing-Powershot-Digital/dp/B004UIXJJW
  8. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Amazon says there "are no reviews yet".  Gosh...  Wonder why!  Heck, it's only three times as much as the camera.  I better order mine before they're gone.  That's for the tip Tyson!

Seriously... I think I will pick up the camera though.  That's a pretty good deal.  CMOS uses a lot less silicon and requires less support circuitry so it will creep into the low end cameras.  Still, you'll always be able to get CCD for a few bucks more.

...Tiger
  9. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Tiger, here is the adapter I was talking about. The best I can tell is that it puts out 4.3V DC into a fake battery with a coax plug in the bottom. Fed through the little rubber door on the camera.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Camera-Adapter-Powershot-Ack-dc60/dp/B005C9NSQC
  10. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Funny... I was looking at those on Amazon last night.  I think it's the simple solution for power.  I didn't order one, because I want to see if I can just hack the battery that comes with it.  I thought I might be able to put my voltage regulator inside of it.  Yours is $2 cheaper than the one I looked at so I'll get that if the battery case doesn't work out. 

As I told you on the phone, Staples ran out of the cameras and can't get more.  I went to the Walmart site which had then two days ago and they were out of stock now to.  I finally ordered mine last night from Amazon before they ran out.  The camera is discontinued as you know and I guess everyone is running out.  Staples does still have the A2400 for $79, but like you said, the USB style A/V connectors is less desirable.

I should receive my order next week so then I can put it on the shelf with all the other projects I don't seem to be able to get to. :)

...Tiger