1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Axle Recommendations

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by GPS, Dec 5, 2011.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

Are the Wraith stock shocks any good?  It looks like they are plastic, but threaded bodies, is that true?
    Are Green springs softer or stiffer that grey colored springs?
  2. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

You know people seem to have issues with them and talk a lot of smack about them. I was very careful when assembling mine on the wraith and they have been one of the best shocks I have owned. To this day they have not lost a drop of oil and are smooth as butter. I rally the piss out of the poor thing also so that says something. They have a nitride shaft that is rather large 3.5mm i think. They are also the same ones on the XR10 and you can find kit takeoffs all over the place for next to nothing. I just lookd in the salvage yard at RPP and he has a whole set for $18 :eek:! Hope I didnt order the last set :p
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

I found a set on eBay for $17, they are supposed to be "lightly used", we'll see.  The price was right.  ;)
  4. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Nice score. Gotta love the bay. Make sure to check the bladder when you get them and make sure they aren't swollen or sucked inside the body. that is a common problem I see with them from overfilling and improper assembly.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Thanks.  I got a shipped notification today already so I may have them by the weekend.  I will photograph them and post here when I get them.
    So far I have four "bent" XR10 links and now the shocks.  I may have to wait a few weeks for the axles and remaining links and a motor.
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

My shocks arrived today.  They have green springs.  The body's are plastic, but I figured as much for $17.  You were correct, the shafts are 3.5 mm and look quite sturdy and have a titanium nitride coating.
    One is binding a bit so I'll have to see what that's about when I disassemble them.  Feels like it could be dirt.  I just hope it's not a bent shaft.

Attached Files: