1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Associated SC8e

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by GPS, Sep 21, 2011.

1. JROCK

JROCK Registered

you could try buggy wheels.?
  2. means2k

means2k Registered

That's probably what I'll do but I'm trying to find out if there are any other options.  Both Axial and HPI are making 1/8 SC rigs now but their kit tires are no good.  I'm hoping that HPI will put out some optional tires for the Apache that are decent.  I've also been thinking about ordering the parts I need to convert it to the RC8T.  I like the way it drives as an SC but it was just a thought.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

I've wondered the same thing regarding the tires on my SC8e but never really looked into it. Here are some photos I took this morning. The tire closest to the stock tire on the rear (right most tire) is a Proline Caliber 2.0, next is a Proline Trencher SC and a tire from my OFNA GTP-2e just for fun.

From above you can see the Caliber 2.0 is a little wider, which we already know, and the trencher SC is almost the same, perhaps wider at the knobs.

I think either of these tires would be a terrific replacement depending on the track. Personally, I like the look of the trencher best on this truck.

Attached Files:

4. GPS

GPS Registered

Thought I'd update this thread.

Attached Files: