1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

1/4 Scale Pavati R/C Power Boats!!!

Discussion in 'Power Boats' started by Golden Child, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Here are a few pics of interiors in the above boats...
    Interior1.jpg Interior2.jpg Interior3.jpg Interior4.jpg
  2. Golden Child

And some more :D

Interior5.jpg Interior6.jpg Interior7.jpg Golden Child.jpg
    GPS likes this.
  3. Golden Child

l8rg8r likes this.
  4. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Conley is good but there are others too I have no idea on price but it sounds expensive
    I have to agree with you on 1/4 scale v8 being expensive and not that great on hp but on the cool factor they are off the chart scale sound and looks all are in it's favor but that dang cost factor keeps coming back did ya go over to the crazy 1/5 scale and have a look at that 18hp monster
  5. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I would love to put one of these in a boat I is horizontally apposed so has a low cg has a alternator and sounds good love the sound

quote="l8rg8r, post: 22559, member: 687"]
    Conley is good but there are others too I have no idea on price but it sounds expensive
    I have to agree with you on 1/4 scale v8 being expensive and not that great on hp but on the cool factor they are off the chart scale sound and looks all are in it's favor but that dang cost factor keeps coming back did ya go over to the crazy 1/5 scale and have a look at that 18hp monster[/quote]
    GPS likes this.
  6. Golden Child

The Conley Stinger 609 with blower runs just shy of $10k!!! Yes, there are many others. But my choice would be Conley because they've been at it a while with that motor and it has a proven track record for longevity and constant use. Not to mention they are a full-production CNC shop and spare parts are readily available which is not the case with most other offerings out there. I have seen the 18hp Baja engine before. And while monstrous in power it would not be practical for this application as it is air-cooled. Your videos of the Ferrari and nitro Hemi motor are awesome! I would prefer the Hemi over the opposed twelve purely on the basis of sound! Nothing makes you want to grab your kids and RUN like a blown nitro v8 with zoomies!
    l8rg8r likes this.
  7. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I agree with you if a v8 is what a person is looking for there are many reasons to go with a Conley. On a slightly different note have you seen losi's new offering in the 1/5 scale realm? The reason I ask is the radio and engine arrangement. It's called the 5ive mini wrc it has elec start and kill from the tx and 29cc two stroke and efi
  8. Golden Child

Just took a look at the Losi - very nice. But $2k for a rally car? The Zenoah has electric start as an option and even most engines of that size/type also have that feature available. Remote kill can easily be setup on any radio with a free channel. BUT... EFI - that's badass! The way technology is advancing it won't be long that EFI will be standard on the bigger engines with many aftermarket conversions available!
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

What's up with the right hand driver position? Are those British destination boats?
  10. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Efi I get shivers thinking of the possibilities if efi is being developed now just maybe we will see tpi on rc's in the not to distant future I can't wait when that happens I'm going four stroke and turbo with computer controlled fuel and ign turbo is a no brainer but got to go four stroke two stroke isn't real fond of forced induction
  11. Golden Child

GPS, all boats have starboard (right side) pilot positions. The only exception I've seen on a regular basis is drag boats. It's been that way since the beginning of time. Not sure the reasoning behind it other than maybe since Europeans were the fist to navigate the waters they just did it that way and that's why their cars follow the same design? Who knows? They use the metric system and that's all kinds of ass-backwards! :)
    GPS likes this.
  12. Golden Child

Hey Rick, I've been thinking of what I want to build to pull the boat around with and I think the EFI Losi engine in a chassis of my own design would be just the ticket :cool: Still looking for a 1/4 scale HumVee (original) body!
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

Thanks for the explanation. I never noticed that all boats were like that...shows you what I know about boats.

BTW: Great photos. It's always great to see your work!
  14. Golden Child

Thanks! Those were taken with my new Canon 7D. Well, the ones on the water anyway. The others were taken with my iPhone.
  15. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

16. Golden Child

Yeah, looking for an original AM General HumVee. Hummer H2's & H3's are just glorified Chevy 3/4 ton trucks.
  17. Golden Child

Well crap! My engineer is gone this week for training :mad: I was hoping to get the final print for review and send it through the fab dept. Oh well. Hopefully next week! :D
  18. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Bummer but what can you do just wait it out say I hit on a idea if you can get me the deminsions of the jet pump you want to run I can make housings from fiberglass but I have noo way to make a proper impeller I can cut down a prop of of a prop drive boat just a thought if you would like to have one to look at before you make that desision that's fine I would make a prototype for ya jus let me know

19. Golden Child

I'm going to use an actual v-drive for this one. I have CNC machines at my disposal so I'll just draw up a gear box with F-N-R and bolt it up to a v-drive unit that I'll probably also design/build. I'm hoping to find some beveled gears I can use to set the in/out gear ratios to find the right combination of final drive ratio and prop. This, I think, will be the lengthiest part of the whole process.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    l8rg8r likes this.
  20. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Oh ok I thought you was gonna go with a jet drive but hay a v drive is nice and all things being equal should be about 30 0/0 more efficient wa hoo more power to the water oh if your running a clutch you shouldn't have a gear issue with straight cu gears although there will be a whine in forward but might be able to source a helical gear for forward just have to figure on the size and configuration you gonna need if I can be any help with any part of this project just hit me up