1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

1/18 scale losi

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by goldhellian89, Nov 27, 2011.

1. goldhellian89

goldhellian89 Registered

just picked one of these up...couldnt pass uo on the deal, i been wanting a crawler bad...so my question is. Is it a good model? Can i upgrade? It seems pretty tough, lots of metal parts. And 2.4 tx rx. Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys
  2. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Which one did you get? the pro or rtr? I am building up a pro version right now. They are a fun little crawler and can pull off some pretty impressive things for their size.
  3. goldhellian89

goldhellian89 Registered

im assuming its the rtr. Because it has the 2.4 tx rx, and the losi esc and motor combo. It just needs a few parts to be complete...
  4. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

I had a friend with 1 of those and I was impressed with it. it was semi built but still I want 1 now. there is an impressive amount of aftermarket available for them. great choice for a entry level crawler
  5. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

I have one and there great little beaters in the crawler world, I would suggest the metal centers for the diffs though since the like to break in half.
  6. goldhellian89

goldhellian89 Registered

thats funny because thats why the person sold it. The diffs were broken..lol
  7. goldhellian89

goldhellian89 Registered

if anyone that has one of these and would like to take a look at it with me so i can know more about it, and the parts i need to get it running again i would appreciate it.
  8. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

I'm actually working on a deal right now to get 1 of these.. it's kind of built also. I'll keep you posted.
  9. highlandcrawler

I am currently building another one right now to run in the 1.9 comp class. If you have a chance to make it over to my shop in Grants Pass I would be more than happy to go over it with you and see what it needs. I have some parts also that may be of help possibly. I am always happy to meet and help out new people with their crawlers. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. goldhellian89

goldhellian89 Registered

ok cool thanks guys! Im in the process of getting a new car and moving into a new house. So maybe i can head that way in a wek or so
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

Hey Highlandcrawler, is that red truck a Axial XR10 body?

[​IMG]
  12. highlandcrawler

Hahah you mean old pinkie? Ya it is a xr10 body. Not my personal favorite but is a good comp body regardless. I think a bug body will find its way onto both the big and little losi
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

Old Pinkie - LOL!  ;D
    I really like the look of the Axial XR10 body.  It's one of my favorites.
  14. highlandcrawler

Looks are pretty good on them and I like the roof scoop. Just lacks in roll recovery for me. I like that you dont have to
    hack the living crap out of them to make them fit. Its one of the few that I know of that you can run full. Mine even clears the servo

[​IMG]
  15. GPS

GPS Registered

I want to get started on my XR10 build soon, but the holidays are coming and my budget just can't handle it.  I was considering selling my AX10 which has never touched dirt or rock.  It's got a ballistic 21.5T brushless motor and Novak Goat 3S and all the hop-ups that can be had including MIP drives, Vanquish Products steering links and front and rear plates (plus I have a extra one in the wide version), Robinson Racing gears everywhere, Axial metal blockers, Savox servo and the aluminum Axial shocks.  I'm pretty sure I've got over $600 into it, but I wonder what I could get if I sold it.
  16. highlandcrawler

I would imagine you could get a decent $250 to $300 for it.  The Novak system isn't very desirable among crawler folks so you wont recoup any cost there really. I would almost guarantee you could part it out for far more than selling as a complete truck. I bet you would see closer to $400 that route. You should be able to almost get a XR10 running for that much. I also have a XR kit waiting for extra funds to be built. I'm just not excited to drop another $300 into the axles before I even drive it. The dang XR is the least durable kit in stock for I have ever seen. It pisses me off a little that they push the technology envelope so far with a competition oriented truck and let the durability take a backseat. I have a huge conspiracy theory about axial and Vanquish teaming up to stick it to people on the XR lol. I don't think it was a coincidence that you need a bunch of vanquish parts to make your XR work properly.  :-X
  17. GPS

GPS Registered

Thanks for the reply.  There is no way I'll sell the AX10 for $300, it's just brand new and not a scratch on it.  The parting out idea sounds better in that case.  But It's money already spent so it can sit on a shelf and collect dust.

I know you don't like the Novak system, but it's probably what I'll do in the XR10, if I can fit it all in there.  I don't compete and the way the AX10 drove was fine for me, I just didn't like the torque twist of the chassis on the AX10 "shafty" and that's why I got a XR10 kit.

I got a couple Jun-Fac chassis (R1?) from Crawlerbubba at the swap meet and I was thinking to use the stock parts that I took off the AX10 before they were ever used and build a basher crawler.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqC_mw2GQzQ[/youtube]