1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Well guys its official

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by Bartljuice, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Bartljuice

Bartljuice Registered

Well guys its about time I spilled the beans about the future of sleadds.  It became official this weekend when I signed the leas for the new building.  Sleadds will be moving into a 10,000 sf warehouse at 1207 rouge river hwy.  The plan is to open a large indoor off-road dirt track with an onsite hobby shop.  The shop will be in a smaller space but we will be expanding our inventory.  The track detentions will be approximately 120ft x 60ft and will be 1/10 scale friendly.  The building isn't prety but it will be a dry place to race.  I plan to hold some work parties for those of you that want to earn some free track time.  Haven't worked out any of the details yet but will be looking forward to everybody's input.   
  2. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

3. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Sweet!!!! Sounds good to me! You thinkibg only 1/10 or maybe some 1/8 buggies as well...? :)
  4. Bartljuice

Bartljuice Registered

it will be geared more for 1/10 scale but 1/8 will be welcome
  5. cripplek

cripplek Registered

6. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Sweet, cant wait! Have an idea of when you will be opening?
  7. mlhayes

mlhayes Registered

Congrat Adam.

Matt
  8. Bret

Bret Registered

Awesome!

Let me know if you need any plumbing help! maybe water lines along the track? Pex is cheap, I will work for track time ;)
  9. AK BIGFOOT

AK BIGFOOT Registered

I'am down for some hard work to get some free track time hell yeah sign me up.
  10. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

U know I'm in to help Adam. I can finally get some use outta that transponder u talked me into lol.. Can't wait to race, but are u gonna leave a little square for drifting maybe and crawling?
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

Great news Bartljuice.
  12. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

The track will be using AMB transponder systems since Robitronix cannot be used accurately.  Just an FYI.
  13. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Anyone want a robitronix transponder $35 lol..... thanks sin. I good thing I kept the little box sure it'll get picked up from eBay. Prob not what I paid but oh we'll...
  14. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

I will let the guys know, I think luke might be looking for one.
  15. tuff truck racer

tuff truck racer Registered

that's awesome, have you thought of running the i laps system like Klamath has? It works well
  16. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Do you mean my laps?  Amb and my laps are the same thing.
  17. tuff truck racer

no, I mean I laps, http://www.rclapcounter.com/index.html
  18. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Sorry didn't know there was another company trying to make counting systems. We will be using the absolute industry standard which is AMB. The rest just aren't  accurate to a degree needed for some of the events Adam wants to hold.
  19. tuff truck racer

That's a pretty bold comment for someone who has never ran the scoring system? ::) Maybe you should talk to Adam or Austin,they actually ran with the timing system in question... Or believe in the blind faith that amb is the godsend for all things timing lol.

Hope they have the bankroll to have rental transponders in house, or just turn away newbies and out of town racers
  20. steve 40

steve 40 Registered

Congrats to adam, hes got a setup that will help a local track...  A hobby shop that supports the local track, and knowledge so a newbie doesnt bring a toy sword to a gun fight.  For instance, our quality local hobby shop, father and son checked out out indoor racing, went in the next weekend(cause there hours are 10-4) and bought a truck but was coerced by employee that he didnt need a slash, he would be better suited for a stampede.  But the employee who has never raced or witnessed a race, and doesnt know jack unless it says on the box, did talk him into the racing wheelie bar, a must for racing in his eyes.  Needless to say the kid came out raced, had a good time, the father on the other hand wasnt amused that his so called race truck was far from.    My point being with a good knowledgeable shop with knowledgeable employee will do great..   
    Transponders.... Ive been racing for 15+ years  I personally have used the AMB system and now the Ilap system.  Ive been a few outta town events where AMB is used, Its not fool proof, Ive seen trouble and heard about other tracks too.  Now the ilap system isnt fool proof either, but it works great for the local "club" racing we do.  Is it accurate enough, of course.  is there down sides to it, of course.  But when we bought our system 2 years ago, we looked deep into both, Even went as far as calling other tracks that use Ilap and getting there opinions.  The AMB was 4500 ish with $100 transponders, Ilap 1200 ish with $35 transponders.  As a club we have ordered 90 transponders, only had a problem with 1, sent it in, was sent a new one.  The major downfall, IMO is the clear spot or hole needed, But once we got everyone on the same page, we have had no trouble with this system.  And at 35 bucks, we can rent them out really cheap, and as a non profit club, can have  rentals, Plus it alot easier for people to come up with 35 bucks each, versus 100 bucks each.      The Serious racer will spend whatever he/she needs to, however the newbie that is trying it out and after buying a car for 350, doesnt want to spend another 100 on a transponder.  Newbies are what makes the track keep going, there are gonna be people that come and go, how a hobby works.  But by eliminating them cause of cost, is the wrong way..IMO  Sorry about the rant.
    So adam When you have your races, let me know, ill definatly make the drive over..... Good luck