1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

drift track build thread.

Discussion in 'Drift Cars' started by chaseloc101, Aug 11, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

It's not over yet!
  2. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

3. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Its official... i tore down the track. The rain was to much and was more worried bout rotting my deck. Although i did save all the turf to make me a mini drift section. Ill put up pics of how it goes.
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Sorry to hear that Chase.  I think summer 2013 will bring some nice drift car goodness at Harbeck.
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Cant wait. Its a nice spot . Found something similar. I think itll be cool weekdays. It at the lower baseball feild at south middle. I believe its the churches feild. Theres a covered concrete patio. Ive always seen it but never thought anything of it. Untill i seed they had the picnic tables pushed on there side out of the way. Nice spot. But maybe to small for starters. They did re pave their parking lot too nice and smooth..
  6. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

So i took the scrap turf from the track i pulled up and moved it in the man cave. I sacrificed my little couch in there but oh well. It is smaller. But its set up in way where you'll always be sideways. And dry. This is my garage "man cave", so i have my ps3 and a big screen,  and of course my work station. The lanes are wide enough for 1/10 witch i will be using mostly but i think it'll be fun for the little 1/18. Gonna get some tape tonight after work and make it look clean. I'll get more pictures up when finished. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

The pictures dont really do it justice.
  8. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

not to bad man looks good
  9. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Thanx. But wait till its done its gonna be so clean.
  10. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

So i got it taped out and man does it looks good. Ill have pictures up tomorrow. So im running the 1/10 driftstar. Which if you already dont know. It is the most basic entry level rc. I've upgraded to a brushless system and alot of aluminium parts. Now i im sure i need a high speed servo. It just turns so slow for this tiny course. But i was able to get it. Took some warming up, but boy did i get it. Could only be better with better servo or maybe a d box. Then i decided to drift my little sc18. With the rubber tires kinda bald i was able to let it slide. I think foamies will be nice on this slick concrete. And there was more room to do more stunt drifts. But with the 1/10 it was tight but when done right it looks so damn good. Maybe throw in some snow to take some pics tommarow.