1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

looking to trade vxl rustler for a scaler

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by knightrider81, Nov 11, 2012.

1. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Hey guys well as most of u know i traded my dingo off because i got it for my son and he thought it was to slow but after playing with it for a little bit b4 i traded it off i really liked it! So now that my son has his fast car and i have a few fast cars is anyone interested in trading my vxl rustler (very fast) for a crawler or scaler? Its got a few after market stuff also has slash front and rear bumpers and a short course body!  if its a really nice one i might be able to throw a little bit of cash in with it! but mainly looking for a straight across! 541-530-5607 if u want some pics
  2. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

To be honest bud do your self a favor and find an axial roller and take the equipment from your rusty and throw it in. You will be WAY ahead of the game.
  3. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

you dont think the vxl brushless would be to much for a crawler?? that set up is wicked fast!
  4. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

It's what I run in my scaler and honestly I think it's perfect fit.  Not to fast and still able to crawl when needed.
  5. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

ok cool so i can come to ya for any questions i might have on it? Did u have to gear it down and if so which way did u gear it down? pinion or spur gear?
  6. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Of course your welcome to ask away, I geared mine at 13 tooth pinion and 87 tooth spur which is lower than stock by a good bit.  I also run it on 3s lipos and can run all day with cogging or overheating issues.
  7. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

ok cool thxs man i think i might get another dingo kit and just put that brushless system in it! and gear it that way!