1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Knightrider scanner

Discussion in 'Drift Cars' started by knightrider81, Nov 12, 2012.

1. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Hey guys so i finally found a scanner bar for my up coming "knightrider build" but i think i might need a microcontroller but im not sure! i alrdy ordered the light scanner bar but i just want to make sure im not leaving anything out! so anybody wanna take a look at the link and tell me if i need one and if so which one should i get?? here's where i ordered it from they also sell microcontrollers!!    http://www.basicmicro.com/Cylon-RED-LED-Display_p_138.html
  2. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

and here is what it should look like after im done!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_khy1n5h4&feature=related
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

In the description is says it is a sequencer with 10 built-in patterns. The sequencer is the on-board micro controller. Using a separate micro controller would allow you to select different patterns from your remote provided you have a third channel that is proportional (a knob for instance). You can use it the way it is for your purpose and just preselect the pattern you want via the on-board switch.

BTW - in your second link, that RC "garage" is just too cool.
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Also have a look though SparkFun for anything you might need, well at least it's another source for this kind of stuff
    ... plus they do have a number of Tutorials that will help in understanding what one might need to go the DIY route ...

And because that product does offer the source code for the Arduino their buying guide for the Arduino you might useful
    ---> http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/category/11

Ether way it's a pretty big subject with an equally large learning curve requiring basic electronics and programming ;)
  5. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

ok cool thxs guys for your help! When i comes to machincs im ok with them but when it comes to curcit boards and stuff im pretty lost!! But i think that the led board should be all i need for my scanner and how i want it set up as far as a controller i have a flysky and it does have a thrid channel its like a push button thxs for the help!
  6. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Bro good find, savage video. Make sure to do hidden body post. Maybe a hasselhoff doll to go in there. Lol. My next one is gonna be a 1/10 version of the my car. Should make some cool pics. Not to mention, how cool it would be to pull my car out of my car.lol.. but now with your knight rider ride. I want to do a back to the future delorean . Or the A team van... or even the scooby doo mystery machine. Set it up to where smoke barrels out the back.lol... i quess the list goes on and on. Cant wait to see the knight rider. Im gonna go paint my 1/18 truck now. 
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

Ditto on the RC garage in the video.  Very cool.