1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

converting 4.6 savage to an E-Savage! Need some help!

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by knightrider81, Sep 19, 2013.

1. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Hey guys so to make a long story short im needing some help with my savage project! I have a 4.6 savage and im wanting to convert it into an e-savage! Ive got the motor mount made and the new electric motor installed but im trying to figure out if i need to dig into the tranny and do some mods in there! I have heard of people using the 3 speed tranny with there electric motor (if its possible!) i want to use the 3 speed if i can just not sure if i can or not and if i can how to make it work!!
  2. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Save time, money, and headaches and just get the Flux tranny for $30 off the interweb.
    The electric motor doesn't need the extra gears to get up to speed. The nitro lacks the torque of the electric so it needs gears to attain the top speed of high gearing. Also your nitro has a clutch bell that helps kinda soften the blow from the shifting under power. With the torque of the electric it wont take many full throttle shifts to eat those gears. The 3spd is also a weaker tranny by design.The gears are thinner than a flux tranny because they are fitting more gears in basically the same space. Then comes the question of no reverse? What motor and esc combo are you running in it?
  3. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

I'm ganna run a hobby wing 1/8 2200kv brushless! The esc can handle a 6s but I think I'm gonna run 3s in it!! Where are you finding a flux transmission for 30 bucks?
  4. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Derek A. Brown likes this.
  5. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

6. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Yeah this project is. Dead but I do still have it as a roller I'd sell not motor or servos but everything else $125
  7. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Pm sent