1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

What vehicle Scale do you run?

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by Bartljuice, Apr 4, 2012.

?

What type of vehicles are you most interested in running in a race setting?

1. 10th Scale Electric

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. 10th Scale Nitro

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 8th Scale Electric

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 8th Scale Nitro

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  5. Other (1/18, 1/16, 1/5)

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Bartljuice

Bartljuice Registered

Hey everyone, we just wanted to figure out what type of track we need to focus on before we begin construction. Feel free to vote once for each type of vehicle you would like to run.
  2. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

An 1/8 track serves many class purposes.

Would be sick to see some 1/10 nitro stadium races too.
  3. stupid fast slash

stupid fast slash Registered

Whats it matter? Build a track, you will get racers. There are a lot of us short course guys around the area, so that would be a big thing to look at. But you guys know me, ill launch my truck off whatever you want to put in front of it.
  4. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

Here here! Build it and they will come!

Built it more better and the masses will show!
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I picked multiple choices, I hope that was OK.
  6. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

my opinion :    you can't please everybody.  try to please the masses.  1/8 - 1/10 th scale track combo leaning towards the 10th side will fit most users needs.  by having 1/5th, it  is out of the question for a multi-use layout.  having 1/5th and 1/18th in the same voting category will result in incorrect information (as there are plenty of 1/18th, 1/16th  potential racers, and hardly any 1/5th racers).  a short course friendly track will result in the highest number of participants.  all 1/10 stadium trucks, buggies could more than handle anything a sc can.  no matter where you go in the country the one common denominator is short course class.  1/8 scale tracks run a short course class, 1/10 scale tracks run short course classes.  the lighter the vehicle, the more nimble it is, and will need very smooth surfaces, the heavier vehicle can handle ruts, bumps, big air.    while there are 1/8 scale racers in this area ( some good ones too) they are few and far between.  anybody can go buy a rtr, short course or stadium truck and be a racer with a battery, race tires and some practice.  1/8th are mostly nitro (although brushless 1/8th is on the rise) and generally a smaller more experienced group.  remember that not only do you want to have racers, you want them to return again and again.    one way to do that is to offer affordable racing classes, beginner friendly atmosphere, and fender rubbing shortcourse action is the key.  all being said i'd like to see 1/8th scale be involved too.
  7. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I agree with absolutely everything Austin said above me. My suggestion is build something "about" 1/8 scale and everybody but the minis and the gassers can run it. The minis and gassers aren't (generally) built to be raced, so I hate to tell somebody they're not invited to the party, but when it comes down to it those classes are a very small minority.

Build it and they will come.