1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED: 1/8 Scale Mercedes C9 Body

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by GPS, Mar 13, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

Does anybody know where I can get a 1/8 scale Mercedes C9 body for use on my OFNA on-road RC car?

Attached Files:

2. means2k

means2k Registered

Nice choice, I wasn't able to find anything for the 1/8 scale.  I looked and found a few others that were interesting:  Viper, Mclaren f1, C6R, etc.  I did find one that you may be interested in, the Porsche 962c was the most successful platform in Group C.  Here is the link http://www.wolfhobbies.com/Bodies-1_8_Porsche_962_on_road_car_body.html  There are a lot of teams that ran this platform as well as the Works teams so there are a lot of painting options if you want to get crazy with the scale thing.

I am a huge fan of sports car racing myself.  I grew up watching the Camel gt series when I was a kid, even saw them live at the P.I.R.  I am actually contemplating a trip next year to the 24 hours of Le mans with a friend.  I dragged 2 of my friends to Long Beach last year for the grand prix.  It was an awesome event!  ALMS, World Challenge, Indy, and lights, it was great fun.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Good find with the body.  I wonder if it has the wheelbase of the OFNA GTP2e?  Adam at Sleadd's had a amazing Mercedes body there for a customer with a Kyosho and even though it said 1/8 scale it was longer than the OFNA GTP2e which was a bummer.
  4. means2k

means2k Registered

The wheelbase thing might be an issue.  I think the body is designed to fit 1/8 gp.  Have you checked the wheelbase on any of the Mugen, Kyosho, or Serpent kits?  There may be some options there.  I think they are pretty short.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

No I haven't checked those wheelbases yet, great idea.  I have a OFNA CLK GTR body already that will fit, but the body Adam had for a customers car just looked really nice.