1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VIDEO: The Radio Control Show 143

Discussion in 'News' started by GPS, Jan 29, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5T3uezxMkQ[/youtube]
  2. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

Yeah that skopod kit is ok.

But if I were to go brushless with the 5ive I would go rc madness,its way sicker and doesn't use the castle esc which is crap and only allows up to 8s.

Check this out

BL5 Brushless Conversion from RCMadness - YouTube
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

That electric Losi is going pretty fast.  How do you think it would do against your hot rod new gas motor though?
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

BTW: You helicopter guys should jump ahead to 04:25 and see the dual propeller helicopter.  We talked about it at the fun-fly this past weekend.
  5. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

I think it would stomp my new gasser but when mine dies I can refill and go.

I may get the convirsion but 1200 is hard to chew at the moment.

Oh and I plan on scoring a quadcopter or octacopter for my gopro,I would just need a pilot tho cuz I'm no flyer.
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

This past Sunday "Tiger" had his Quadcopter and Rick had his Tricopter at the weekly fun-fly at the Redwood school.  I bet he brings it to the indoor fly-and-drive tomorrow night at the Lincoln middle school.  You should come and check them out.  Both are very cool and fly great.
  7. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    QUOTE: "BTW: You helicopter guys should jump ahead to 04:25 and see the dual propeller helicopter. 
    We talked about it at the fun-fly this past weekend"

Sorry but that's somewhat old NEWS now, teh FIRST Dual Propeller Helicopter, the Focke Achgelis Fa 61
    built by NAZI Germany which was showcased during the 1936 Olympics w/ their larger more
    powerful Focke Achgelis Fa 266. I believe was flown by Hanna Reitsch 29/Mar/1912 - 24/Aug/1979

[​IMG]

But given the "modern" design features and materials which I'm sure show off the newer designed Bling. Modern
    materials can no doubt make it a machine for Twenty First Century but {LOL} "they" just can't claim
    "they invented the thing" as is destined to take away some of it's Thunder ...

[shadow=Orange,left]w00d[/shadow]

FYI:

A tribute to Hanna Reitsch (1912-1979) in the 30th anniversary of her death. Excerpt from
    her last interview (1976), with some outstanding, extremely rare B&W footage of some of the most
    interesting planes she tested
    [list type=decimal]
    [*]PART I
    [*]PART II
    [*]PART III
    [/list]
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

I did understand that a video that came out last Friday came after WWII.  ;)
  9. w00d

w00d Registered

Did ya understand it not NOT a new Idea and as been around since 1936 (at least) and it's JUST marketing types latching on to an idea if easy to fly then it will be easy to SELL ... I was trying to be NICE but "DUAL Propeller Helicopters" as shown in the Video are nothing NEW and Nothing special who's idea is NOT far removed from the simple "Coaxial"
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

Yes, I did understand the idea was not new.  I had not yet seen a radio controlled model like that that was not a one-off custom job someone made.  The one in the video appears to be a pre-production unit so maybe we'll see them available for sale in the near future.
  11. w00d

w00d Registered

[​IMG] Re: [size=1.25em]BL5 Brushless Conversion[/size] ---> More INFO from Rc Madness

[​IMG] I'm considering a conversion for my HPI Baja 5Bss except I believe the only option for me is the Castle Creations ??
    [​IMG] Well the mechanical parts at least but they want (I think) near [​IMG] $500.oo USD [​IMG] for that setup, bla [​IMG]
    [​IMG] {LOL} If I find or if I do convert I may have an Engine 4-Sale so this could offset the costs ... Time will tell

[​IMG] The Rc madness ESC and MOTOR option looks intriguing BUT the question is making it FIT into my Baja, anyone ...

[shadow=Orange,left]w00d[/shadow]