1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VIDEO: Flightbox's Aerial Video from the Fly-In on 9-18-2011

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by GPS, Sep 27, 2011.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

Thank you Flightbox for a great job on the video!

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Way to go Flight Box!  Not only is the video quality super excellent, but you did such an awesome job of stitching it all together.  Thanks so much for taking the time to come out and do this for us.  I really enjoyed meeting you and looking at all your equipment to.  Inspirational to say the least!

...Tiger (that yellow heli)

P.S. Where did you say you found that 1.2GHz transmitter?  I looked on HK and they don't have that frequency.  Since I would be controlling on 2.4GHz, I sure wouldn't want my video there.
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Dave, you're the best! Very nice shots and love the music also ;) We'll definitely have to do this again soon! Thanks for all your hard work!!!
  4. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

Thank you all for the kind words. I had a lot of fun being there and doing the video, glad you all enjoy it.
    Tigar  I purchased my video gear from readymaderc.com
    Here's a link  http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_30_38&products_id=324
    I would look for a VTx and Rx package deal.  Tim from RMRC will help a lot with that he has great customer service also. 
  5. Golden Child

Tiger, I second Flightbox's recommendation. Tim really puts customer service FIRST! Always ready to help his customers choose the right equipment. He definitely understands the value of returning customers :D
    I went with 5.8GHz video equipment as I also fly 2.4GHz radio gear.
  6. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Thanks guys!  Looked at the website and it seems like anything you would want is there.  It just struck me that 1280 is right in the 1240-1300MHz ham band.  That would mean that probably most of the guys there are illegal.  Interesting!

I'm curious how the 5.8GHz equipment works out in terms of range?  I like the idea that it's above the 2.4GHz band we're mostly using for flying now.  I was just concerned about range at that frequency without adding more power.  I had some concern about the second harmonic of 1280 getting into the 2.4 receivers to, but that's probably manageable if the transmitter is half way clean or you use a filter on the output.  The harmonic isn't really in the band, but all the 2.4 receivers I've seen have no filtering at all on the input so they are easy to swamp or at least desense.  Be a good idea to keep the two antennas in the plane as far apart as possible.  Anyway... This FPV stuff is looking really interesting.  Appreciate the help!

...Tiger
  7. Golden Child

Range hasn't been an issue yet as I've only flown line-of-site. I am planning on an auto pilot system with waypoint navigation so that will really put my video gear to the test. With what I've got not now, I should be able to get 2km range - we'll see ;)
  8. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

As far as know 1.3ghz is legal in the US but you have to have a FCC Lic.  "ham lic"  I've been out a mile on my gear with no troubles.
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

I received the USB thumb drive today with the photographs.  They are really nice!  I plan to get them up on the website tonight.

Thanks Flightbox!
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

Hey Flightbox,

I used to have that Boston album but I guess it was a LP, for you kids out there those were funny black disks with grooves that vibrated a electro-mechanical needle, yeah weird huh!  Anyway, I tossed a lot of stuff in a move some years ago and my LP collection was among them.  So after hearing your video I remembered how cool that music was and just got it again on CD from Amazon.

...More Than a Feeling!

Rock on dudes.  All nostalgic and stuff.
  11. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

We have to be careful, I think we are showing our age a little bit.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I still like to hear records being played, I think they have a cool sound.
  12. GPS

GPS Registered

I know.  But I'm not so old that I fart dust yet.  I sure can't eat anything I want at any hour of the day or night I want like I used to either.  Even some styles of pizza after 6 PM can be enough to keep me up with heartburn nowadays.

It's true what you say about records.  After being on CDs for so long and hearing a record on a decent player you really can notice the difference.  I don't miss all the cleaning and care that LPs needed though, or the buyers remorse you can have when a brand new LP has some pops or clicks right in the middle of a song you favor.
  13. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

ahhh the good old days  8)
  14. GPS

GPS Registered

Hey Dave,
    Have you done any more FPV flying?  I met Pelagic Pilot (Tyson) yesterday and he has a interesting system on his helicopter.
  15. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

I did a photo shoot over the weekend for a Doctors office.  That's about it, i haven't had much time lately.
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

Any photos that you can share?