1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Easy fun to fly Delta (scratch build) plus Intro

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by brandonherring, Nov 19, 2012.

1. brandonherring

brandonherring Registered

Hey everyone. I just ran across the craigslist posting about this local forum. I'm in Medford and fly some micro stuff, as well as scratch building some planes with dollar tree foam. It's a great idea to have a local forum here in the valley. I'm a father of two toddlers and we don't really have a ton of time getting out to meet folks, especially RC related.

Anyway, here is a link to my thread on RCGroups about my super easy to build Delta wing plane. I use colored packing tape which is fast, looks OK and adds strength. These things can take a head on into the ground, just toss it back up.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729627
    (Hope it is OK to link to another site)
    Happy Flying!
    -Brandon
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Welcome to the forum Brandon!  I just spent a half hour checking out your RCG postings.  The plane looks great and obviously a lot of other guys think so to.  I love scratch built stuff!  I was surprised to see the GoPro on one.  Really neat!  Most of us fly here on Sunday mornings at Redwood School on Leanard road.  Hope you can drop by some Sunday.

...Tiger
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the forums brandonherring.  Do you ever fly at the field in White City?  This place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVybT9dq_Q
  4. brandonherring

brandonherring Registered

Thanks! I did a couple times this last summer. One of my planes bit it bad there and burned up. It left a nice scorcher on the ground. The ESC shorted and all that foam, well you know what can happen! I'm hoping to have some nice bigger planes that will land and take off from a grass field by next warm season. Lately, I've just been flying these little Deltas and a couple of the parkzone micros right off spring street here in Medford. (mig and spit) I live a block from there so it is easy to stop by and fly a pack, even with the kids.

That paraglider is really cool in the video! I can honestly say I have never seen one fly before.
  5. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Hi Brandon, and welcome to our forum! Love the scratch-build stuff. Like Tiger said, we fly Sunday mornings at Redwood School in GP. Always like to see new faces :)
  6. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Hello Brandon

[​IMG] Welcome from the other side of the world and to forum [​IMG]

For getting live help in the field and to meet like minded people there's no better place
    ... Yup great bunch of guys but keep an eye on the 'Eye' as he's incorrigible, beyond correction, improvement, and beyond being reformed.[​IMG]