1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Idaho RC junkie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by l8rg8r, Jan 21, 2014.

1. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Greetings to all my name is Rick I'm from southern Idaho on the Oregon border I'm into all things RC I got a lot of boats and trucks of all shapes and sizes got a plane and a heli . Just found you guys killer job on the website
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums Rick! What can you tell us about the RC scene in your area?
  3. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

:( It blows yeah I'm sure there's places that's worse so don't start on how bad it is in jerk water USA. But if you think your going to come bfe Idaho and live it up on the RC scene think again. Just nothing happening with boats at all no body to go bashing with. Both of the clubs I'm aware of center around competition. I gave up racing 20+ years ago to many rules not enough off the chain fun. So for 10 years now it's been just me nobody I hang with or know is on the same level or really all that close I got one friend that has rc's but he don't get out much so here I set with 8 boats and 15+ trucks and buggies 1 plane and 1 heli and just no body to run with ok I whined enough sorry to rant hope it's better over your way and thanks for the shout out:D
  4. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Hey Rick, welcome to our forums! We've got a great bunch of guys here. Sorry you're not closer, lots of us love to just go out and bash - cars, boats, whatever! I am mainly a plane guy, over 60 now in various stages of flying/repair ;) A few boats, multi-copters. No helis or cars/trucks/buggies anymore. Though that always seems to change!
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Sorry to hear about the RC scene over your way. I must admit I was surprised. I thought there was more people into it there. I saw a link once about a crawler club/track that was in Nampa I think. From the photos I saw it was a great looking indoor crawler track.

Hey Rick, if you are into RC boats you might also appreciate the 1:1 scale boats that Golden Child builds. Check out a couple videos here:
    http://southernoregonrc.com/index.p...-thought-youd-all-like-to-see-what-i-do.3660/
    l8rg8r likes this.
  6. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Yep werx RC does have a nice track and I could go over there and wait my turn to run and we probably do have a decent RC market here in the treasure valley we got 4-5 hobby shops the problem is I'm more into hanging out running rc's and if I feel the need maybe drink a frosty barley pop and of late I've been getting into boats I run nitro mostly and there's not many bodies of water that will allow nitro not really to bad of a problem here close I have 4 places to run but nobody to run with but hey what do you do I'm not going to let that stop me but if I'm ever going to get to post a video I will have to teach my dog to film
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

Werx RC, yes I think that was the place. I see what you mean, waiting in line to run isn't really my thing either. When the weather is nice there are plenty of places here to run cars and trucks and a few favorite places to fly planes , helicopters and multirotors. What we don't have is a lake. The closest lake is about 25 miles away which may not be much really but it's too far for a spontaneous run. We are on the Rogue River and there is also the Applegate River, but if your boat has a problem you might be chasing it to the ocean.
  8. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Chasing boats suck almost as much as swimming I'm in farm country lots of irrigation ditches and plenty of ponds and I have a river on two sides 1/2 a mile awAy
    GPS likes this.
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

LOL. Sounds like you might have plenty of places to fly over there.
  10. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Yeah and I surely would except I can't seam to fly anywhere except straight in the ground in fact if I were half as good at flying as I am at fixing I think it would be a riot
    and I surely
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

Sounds like how I learned helicopter flying. One second of flying and a trip to the hobby shop for parts and an evening or two repairing. I think I kept that schedule for a month or two.
  12. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Yep thankfully I got a cheap plane that's easy and cheap to repair its a p51 d micro
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

I don't have a plane yet, it's been on my mind for a couple years but I got bit with the multirotor bug and that's been my RC of choice for a while now. I still have cars and trucks but haven't been taking them out as much the past year.
  14. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

I've been looking at quad copters but not there yet land based RC has always been a large part of my life but of late it seams I'm on a boat binge with the little nqd being my fav that little boat is a hoot for sure the most fun you can have with your clothes on
    en
  15. GPS

GPS Registered

There are a couple guys here that have those NQDs, Golden Child is one. I have not seen them run in person but he told me they are a blast. I think you've seen the thread they made a while back.
  16. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Yep I have if I could have only one boat that's it I like my brushless one but I'm building a nitro one I think that will be the one I'm a old school nitro junkie
  17. GPS

GPS Registered

I hope you get your dog trained to shoot video when you get your nitro NQD built, I know I'm not the only one who wants to see that run.
  18. l8rg8r

l8rg8r Registered

Yep gonna have to work on that one lmbo