1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

SORCRC season schedule

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by highlandcrawler, Oct 4, 2011.

1. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Hello all Southern Oregon drivers My name is Erin Mc Loud. I put together and run our local crawling series now for the last 3 seasons. I do this for the sole purpose of me loving the sport and to encourage and teach others about the hobby. Our winter series is upon us and starting soon. I figured I would post up over here also for anyone who might be interested in coming out to check it out or do some crawling. We have a large group of all different ages and types of people. We welcome all to the events and spectators are welcome and encouraged. We have a class for most all drivers and skill levels. We follow the USRCCA set of rules at our events and run 3 different 2.2 classes to suit all. If anyone has any questions please feel free to share and I will try and help you out. We start at 9:00 for all our events unless otherwise noted. We comp rain or shine so the dates stay set and there are no rain outs. If you haven't ever seen a crawler in a competition environment I urge you to come check it out. I guarantee some of our pro drivers put on a driving spectacle you would not believe. I love seeing people new to the hobby look at our course and just shake their head and say there is no way anything can make it through just to be left with mouth agape as a driver lays down a perfect score on their way through

Oct 23 Rock Point
    Nov 20 Northern Cali Mini moab
    Dec 18 Gold Hill Under tracks
    Jan 8 Baker Park
    Feb 12 TBA Possible indoor spot will be open
    April 8 Northern Cali Pluto cave
    May 13 Sixmile in Cave junction
    June 17 Fish Hatchery park
    July 22 Goldray Dam
    Aug 12 Final TBA

Hope to see you guys out on the rocks 8)
  2. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Where is the next event at? Do you have a breakdown of rules and specs for the rigs to classify them?
  3. highlandcrawler

We use the national set of rules made by the USRCCA. You can see them here

http://www.usrcca.com/rules.htm

If you are more interested in the scale side of things you are always welcome to come out and play during the comps also. Most of us have scalers also and run them after and during the comps. We have a lot of get togethers with the scale rigs and a few fun events through the year. We have a cool race coming up called " The King Of The Dirty South". Its a koh, g6 style event that will test both man and machine. Our next comp is this weekend in northern cali. It is just a little bit over the border but worth the trip. There will be all the normal local drivers plus a couple of top ranked national drivers from up north. The terrain is like nothing else you can imagine. We always carpool with each other so if you would like to get in and save some gas and driving just let me know.
  4. highlandcrawler

Here are a couple shots of the area from last time I was down there. This isn't even a spec of the available area to crawl. This is all private land also. We are the only ones who get special permission from the owners to enjoy it. So If anyone wants to check it out during the comps is the only time you can get inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

You should add these events to the calendar.  If you use the calendar menu | Post Event option the event will be added to the calendar and also in the events forum.  This way your events will also appear in the upcoming calendar reminder at the bottom of the main page by the stats.
  6. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Is it close to yreka that's where I live in northern calif
  7. highlandcrawler

What?? Really??  :eek: That is right where it is actually. It is right outside Montague I think is the name
  8. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Yeah I live in montague. there is a nice looking spot on the right hand side of the road called oberlin that goes from why rica to montague.
  9. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

I've crawled pluto cave also
  10. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

The stank of rats is overwhelming at first......but it goes away after a while...
  11. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Oh and i found another great place to crawl.its called Kelsey Creek.great crawling,and great camping.oh and during the summe ithas a really deep swimming hole.nice bridge to jump off of...something to think bout for next year.
  12. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Still on for sunday?is the weather going to coperate?
  13. yotapane

yotapane Registered

is it just me, or do those pics resemble cooks ranch
  14. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Im thinkin off delphic...???...
  15. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Comp today???
  16. highlandcrawler

Sorry I lacked a reply to you guys. I got super busy and the comp was actually moved. There will be a comp scheduled for Juniper flats coming up also. A few of the guys were telling me about it last weekend and it sound pretty cool
  17. GPS

GPS Registered

Where is Juniper flats?  I Googled it and I found one in San Bernardino, California.  That's a long way to go for crawling.
  18. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

It's all from a12 coming out of montague. it's a bout 12 to 15 miles south east of grenada. almost directly across the road from the entrance to plutos cave. that is where I went 2 wee.kends ago with my son. there are a few pictures on the crawler site of it